seventeen -edited-

The following day Dad and Harry went on their 'hunting' trip despite knowing for a fact Harry will do anything to cover the asses of the pack so they don't get hurt or discovered, but it didn't go as planned... Harry had a heart attack. I'm not supposed to be at the Clearwater's because Embry told me Seth and Leah could shift at any moment with this, so I went with Bella, she's decided to cliff dive despite me telling her not to, it's not the right weather for it. Jacob shows up with Sam, now helping me drag an unconscious Bella out of the water, tears streaming down my face because she feels dead and doesn't look like she's breathing.

I don't know what to do. "Jacob, please! I don't know what to do!" He quickly moves me out of the way doing whatever he needs to do to save my sister because of her stupid plan. "What did she even do?" He asks seconds before she wakes up. "She jumped and I tried to stop her but nothing worked." I'm trying to stop the continuous stream of tears from almost losing my sister, and the unnecessary jealousy of Jacob being close to her is helping. His arm wraps around her and Sam comes over. "Get her home! I'm gonna go help out at Harry's!" I can't stand the closeness of the two so I say, "Sam! Wait for me." I run over, abandoning my sister and the boy I've fallen in love with.

"'Lizabeth." Jacob scolds, watching me walk away. "Embry said-" "Embry isn't here right now and I'm grown enough to make my own decisions." I snap, following Sam closely. "Embry is gonna be upset when he sees you there," Sam mentions after we leave. "I don't care. He can't tell me what to do and neither can Jacob." I almost growl. "Plus, Harry is one of my dad's best friends, I can't let him deal with this himself." We walk in and immediately Embry grabs my arm, pulling me off to the side. "What are you doing here?" He snaps, glaring at me. "I'm not gonna let my dad do this alone." I snarl, pulling away from him. Knowing getting angry with Embry isn't helping but I can't stop myself.

Apparently, Seth and Leah have already seen it, got pissed, and are super close to shifting. When we get home, we find Jacob waiting on the porch, his eyes glazed over and bloodshot. "Jakey?" "Don't you 'Jakey' me. You left specifically after I asked you not to and then Bella left." He snaps, glaring at me. "How would I even know Bella left until she texted me? I was with my dad, making sure he was okay, after watching his friend die." I snarl, my chest tightening in anger as does my jaw. His demeanor immediately changes. "Harry's gone?" "Yeah, Jacob. And I knew that because I wasn't jumping off cliffs and running away with my ex-boyfriend's sister." I finish through gritted teeth, pushing past him and carefully pulling dad behind me.

Jacob follows us inside, gently pulling me up the stairs to my room. "What's your problem with me today, 'Lizabeth?" "There's nothing-" He shakes his head. "The truth." "I got jealous. Is that what you wanna hear? I got jealous because of how close you were to Bella, and the way you looked at her." I rush through my words so I don't stumble or stutter through them. He leans closer, carefully pressing me to my door. "You got jealous?" "Shut up." I push him, shoving myself into my room and attempting to close the door but Jacob stops it. "Why would you get jealous? You, of all people, jealous." His saying jealous over and over pisses me off.

-Third Person POV-

He knew why she was jealous, he knew exactly why, but would he say that? Of course not. "Screw off, Jake. I'm not in the mood." Elizabeth snaps, glaring at him. "Oh come on." Jacob teases, taking her chin. "Tell me, why're you-" She cuts him off, pressing her lips to his aggressively. He kisses back just as rough, his hands dropping to her hips as he forgets every problem running through his head at the moment, forgetting Bella. For the first time since he shifted, he's forgotten Bella. She pulls back, looking up at him as she pulls her bottom lip between her teeth.

His eyes slowly open and he stares down at her. "Oh." Is all he mumbles. "Do you get it now, Jake?" She snaps his name out as he shakes his head. "Do it again." "What?" "Do it again." He repeats, waiting impatiently. She smiles, shaking her head. "I need to go check on my dad." She mutters, looking down at her feet before he grabs her chin, slamming his lips onto hers, and pressing her against the wall. They pull away after a moment, chests heaving against each other. "Come on." She whispers, looking at him through her lashes. "Elizabeth, Billy's here for his son," Charlie shouts from the bottom of the stairs, waiting patiently for the teenagers to come down.

"Hey, sorry, we got distracted," Elizabeth states when she walks down. "With what?" Billy asks, genuinely curious. The girl pulls her slightly swollen bottom lip between her teeth as Jacob answers. "Talking about Bella, trying to figure out how we can help." He covers, watching the girl nod, her cheeks slightly flushed, her lips just noticeably swollen from the aggressive kissing. "We just have to wait, you know?" Charlie says, squeezing his faded redheaded daughter in a hug. "Your hair's fading," Jacob states, nudging the girl when Charlie lets go. She nods, inspecting a strand before looking up at Jacob. "Wanna help me dye it?" He nods quickly, simply wanting to be alone with her again.

The following day, Jacob and Elizabeth both wake up and immediately go to call each other. That evening, Jacob sits in the bathroom with Elizabeth, carefully helping her dye her hair. He sits on the closed toilet, his eyes solely focused on her lips which are barely parted in concentration. Within seconds he's in front of her, pulling her chin up to look at him before pressing his lips to hers slightly aggressively. The bathroom door opens and Charlie walks in. "Woah." Elizabeth pulls back quickly, her face beet red as she looks at the ground. "Tell me this means you guys are together." "No, dad, we're not." They both shake their head, faces embarrassingly red and eyes darting back and forth between each other.