eighteen -edited-

Bella's back, she came home super late last night. Apparently, Jacob and Edward got into a fight over her, so we're sitting in my bedroom, his head on my shoulder as we watch a movie on my laptop. "Why're you here if you want Bella so badly?" I slightly huff, just wanting to know why I'm the second choice, the rebound. "Because I want you. It's not her and I know it." I sigh, looking at the floor and pulling myself from beneath him. "How did you know it wasn't supposed to be her?" "When I stopped looking at her the way I look at you." I look up, my eyes locking with his as his glaze over with an emotion I've never seen before.

He carefully presses his lips to mine, softer than the last time, sweeter. "You've never been the second choice. I just needed time to realize that." He states when he pulls away, dropping his forehead against mine. "I've been in love with you since I saw you, Elizabeth." My eyes snap open and scan his smiling face over. "You love me?" "I don't just love you, 'Lizabeth, I'm in love with you." He says as my door opens. "Just get together already, geez." Bella groans from the doorway. "Shut it," I mutter, looking over at her to find a bronze-haired guy standing behind her. I go to ask who he is when he says, "I'm Edward, Bella's boyfriend." I nod, scanning him over, there's something off about him, I don't like it.

"You're the one who left?" I question causing Bella to stiffen and the boy to growl. "Yes." "Why're you back?" I'm genuinely curious why Bella took him back, I mean, there's so much she went through. He winces slightly but Bella steps forward. "Shove off, Elizabeth. Don't start your shit." She slams my door as I shrug, turning back to Jacob. "There's something about him... It bothers me." I mumble, messing with Jake's hand. "Yeah, he's kind of a freak," Jake states quietly, leaning against me before he pulls me up to my feet. "Come with me." He smiles.

"Where're we going?" Both of my hands grasp his hand as we walk, leaving the house behind. He pulls me to his truck, motioning me into the passenger side. When he hops in he grabs my waist, pulling me into the middle so I'm against him. "It's a surprise." He finally states. As we drive his smile gets wider and wider until we pull up to his house. "Your house?" "Just wait." The pack comes out and Embry comes to my door, carefully helping me out. "What's going-" "It's a surprise," Jacob repeats, kissing my head before going to the back of the house, the pack blocking my view.

Embry carries me inside, sitting me on my feet before handing me a dress. He kisses my forehead, motioning me to Jacob's room where he stands facing the window so I won't peek out. "So... What's going on?" "Can't tell you. Are you dressed?" I huff, pulling the strap over my shoulder before nodding. "Yeah." He turns and smiles when he sees me. "You look gorgeous, come on. The boys are in the living room, go." I huff again, walking out to see the boys dressed neatly, jeans instead of shorts and they all have nice shirts on. "Wow, you guys look great." I chuckle, fixing the collar on Seth's shirt. "You look good, kid." I ruffle his hair as his entire face lights up. "Jacob's girlfriend likes me, guys." He speaks excitedly when I walk away.

I laugh quietly as I lean against Paul, wolf-whistling when Embry comes out, hair neatly combed and a collared shirt on as well. He laughs, pushing my shoulder when I do. "You look great, Em," I state after my whistle. "Now really, what's going on?" I ask just as Billy comes in, reaching a hand out to me. "Come with me." We go outside to see Jacob standing beside the truck, motioning in. "We're gonna go for a quick ride." He states. Once we leave I look at him again. "What's really going on?" "School dance is tonight, come with?" He asks and I immediately nod. "Of course."

We pull up to the school, causing everyone to turn to us because we brought the entire pack minus Sam and Leah. "I can't dance." I mumble when we all get onto the dance floor. They had just started a slow song, just my luck. He grabs my waist, lifting me up and setting my feet on top of his. "No need to worry." He smiles, kissing my head. The pack comes over and Embry jumps on my back. "Having fun?" "Always with you guys around." I giggle as Jacob carefully sets me down. "I'll be back." He kisses my head again, walking away. I walk to the snack table, grabbing a drink as someone walks over.

"Hey, haven't seen you around here before." They state, taking a sip of their drink without looking at me. "Yeah, I'm here with friends." I smile, looking over at him. "Oh, so... No boyfriend?" I don't like the way he looks at me so I shake my head slightly. "I do have a boyfriend." I say quietly, messing with my bracelets. "I don't see him." "He's-" "Right behind you." I hear Jacob voice angrily. I look up, my eyes locked with his in relief. He walks over to me, his arm wrapping around my waist like a steel bar. I look up at him with a smile.

"Oh, well not much to see." The guy comments and I can feel Jacob tense beside me. "Now you, on the other hand, are a sight for sore eyes." He compliments as if it'll make it better. Jacob goes to open his mouth when the pack comes over. "Jacob." I warn when he doesn't walk away. He grabs my waist again, pressing his lips to mine aggressively as his fingers dig into my hips. "You're mine." He states, kissing my forehead as he pulls me away.