nine -edited-

After a while Embry comes back, his hands running through his hair angrily. "Em?" "You need to get to the Cullens, it's the only way to keep from something happening." He states quickly, throwing clothes in a bag. "Embry, what is going on?" I stop him for a second but he then continues tossing clothes in, unplugging my laptop and setting it in too. "Embry!" I grab his hands, stopping him completely. "They're trying to kill Bella. You have to stop them. You have to be there. They can't hurt you. Killing her will hurt you." He says, grabbing my face and planting a kiss on my forehead, handing me the bag.

"Go." "Em-" He cuts me off, shaking his head. "Elizabeth, go. It's the only way." He kisses my forehead one more time before pulling me down the stairs and out to my car. I find it already started and another bag thrown in the back. "Who's-" "Jacob." I nod, kissing his cheek before climbing in and speeding off to the Cullens. When I arrive I find Seth first, ruffling his hair as I walk past until I see Jacob and Leah at the creek, talking. I turn and look at Seth again, hands on my hips. "What are you doing here, Seth?" "Fighting for what's right."

He smiles at me as I ruffle his hair again. "You're a good kid." His smile widens at my words before he sits beside me on the steps, watching Jake and Leah run. "I'm here to protect Bella." He says, leaning against me as I drop my arm around his shoulder. "To protect you from being hurt." He looks up at me, a twinkle in his eyes as he speaks, he's passionate about this. "I'm here to protect you, kid." I nudge him, smiling as he laughs. Jacob comes back soon enough, grabbing my face to kiss me. "I'm so sorry for leaving." He mumbles.

"I get it." I smile up at him. The following days continue about the same. They run perimeter, keeping an eye out for Sam and his pack. They had explained everything the first night, making me realize how bad the situation truly was. I stand beside Edward as he stands across the room from Bella, Carlisle explaining that the baby has broken her rib. "It's breaking her bones now." He says, his black eyes glaring at my sister. "It's crushing you from the inside out. Carlisle, tell her what you told me. Tell her." I brush the hair out of my sister's face, blocking out whatever is about to be said.

-Third person pov-

While lying on the couch, Bella pulls her sleeves down, attempting to get warm. "Are you cold?" Edward asks her. "I got it," Jacob says, kissing Elizabeth softly before moving over to Bella. The chocolate-haired girl stares at her redheaded sister, her thoughts full of nothing but jealousy at the action, Edward hasn't touched her since they found out. Elizabeth smiles, holding Jacob's hand as he curls up beside Bella who smiles. "Don't do that." He says. "What?" "Smile like I'm your favorite person in the world." He looks over at Elizabeth, carefully dropping her hand with a nod.

"You're one of them. Feels complete when you're here, Jake." Bella says, noticing the loving look in Jacob's eyes disappear when he looks at her. Elizabeth focuses on nothing but Jacob, her eyes watching his actions but finding nothing romantic in them, everything around her muting before she stands when Carlisle brings out blood. "That's my cue." She kisses Jacob and walks outside, sitting on the stairs and breathing in the cool night air. Seth comes over in his wolf form, dropping his head to her knee as her fingers run through his fur.

"Jacob wants nothing to do with her romantically." She states, a smile gracing her lips as Seth's face brightens up. "I know it sounds rude but I'm glad he's done with her. I'm glad he's ignoring her." Seth snorts, shaking his head as he nudges her. "Thank you for coming to protect my sister. Thank you too, Leah." She looks out at the other wolf who huffs, turning the other way. She sighs, continuing to pet Seth's head until Jacob comes out. "Hey, baby, come back inside." She nods, standing after petting Seth one last time. "Is the bloodletting done?" She jokes.

The following day, Bella sits on the couch, talking with her dad yet staring at Elizabeth and Jacob as they're curled up together on the couch to sleep. Her jealousy has been a bit hard to control seeing her younger sister kissing the guy who used to be in love with her. Yet everyone around has noticed a shift in Jacob. His entire world revolves around Elizabeth, his eyes constantly follow her figure if she's not with him. "Edward still walks on water and all that?" Charlie asks from the other side of the phone. Bella nods. "Yeah, but, I mean, it's different now." She responds, knowing that Edward hasn't so much as hugged her since she decided to keep the baby.

And Elizabeth and Jacob are free to hug and kiss as much as they want, and it bothers her. Her younger sister has the life she wants. Soon enough she's off the phone with her father, done explaining she's going to Switzerland, done lying. Elizabeth wakes up to an empty couch but Jacob on the stairs across the room from her, she looks over to find Edward curled up on the couch with Bella, something she hadn't seen in weeks. Elizabeth follows Jacob down the stairs, stopping when she sees a singular bag of blood sitting on the counter. "So, that's the last of it?" He asks Carlisle and Esme who stand on the other side. Elizabeth wraps her arms around Jacob as they stand, listening to Carlisle explain that Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow.

They all know that Carlisle is now the enemy, Sam won't hesitate to slaughter the entire coven at the moment. Elizabeth knows what Jacob is planning on doing, they had talked before, he just didn't want to, at all. Elizabeth had gone with, as a peacekeeper in case something goes wrong. After talking, Paul realizes they've been played and runs off with Jared and Quil following behind. Embry smirks before silently following the other three.  Upon returning to the house, Elizabeth sighs, dropping herself on the couch. "They're talking about baby names." She informs Jacob when he comes up. The names, slightly weird, Edward-Jacob if it's a boy, and Renesmee if it's a girl.

a/n: this chapter is dedicated to @Musicluvs1226 for the idea of making bella jealous, tysm for reading <3