part two - one -edited-

Jacob and I's relationship has never been stronger. I didn't expect it to last this long, it's clear he's still in love with my sister. She calls him every day. They had gotten into a fight over something he wouldn't tell me. I tried a hundred times to get it out of him, but nothing worked. I can't have him keeping secrets from me if it's something about my sister. Bella barges into my room, papers in her hands, pulling me from my thoughts. "Hey, get packed, dad's sending us to see mom. Edward's gonna be there, so be nice." "Can Jacob come?" "No." My brows scrunch up as I stand. "How come your boyfriend gets to go but mine can't?" "Because I'm not sixteen." She retorts before leaving.

Once we get to mom's, I stay inside, not wanting to tan or associate with my mom. She's too busy with Bella anyway. "So, Edward, is it?" I start talking as I make my lunch. "Yes." He answers, his eyes still focused on Bella outside. "How'd you and Bella meet?" I'm only talking to him because I'm trying to busy myself from texting Jacob again. When I stated that our relationship has never been stronger, I lied. He's been distant ever since his fight with Bella, he barely sees me anymore. And what makes it worse, I've started getting sick. I can't sleep, I can barely eat, and I've already started losing weight again. "Elizabeth?"

Edward pulls me from my thoughts, his hand waving in front of my face. "Hm?" "You kinda zoned out there." His brows furrow as I nod. "I'm sorry. Tell me again." This time, I listen. They met at school, in science class, it was raining. "Can I ask, and I'm sorry if it's personal, why'd you leave?" He winces slightly at my question but nods. "To keep her safe." I nod, thinking he's talking about the wolves. Mom runs through the house, ignoring me as she runs past again, something in her hands this time. "Why don't you and your mom talk?" Edward yet again yanks me from my thoughts with his question. "Because she loves Bella more."

The rest of the vacation is filled with Bella and mom time while I distract myself from the fact that Jacob hasn't texted me once. When we get home, the following day at school I see Jacob up by the stairs, but when I run over he walks past, straight to Bella and Edward. I follow, standing beside him. "He's checking to see if you're still human." Edward states before looking at me. "I've come here to warn you." Jacob continues, not missing a beat to look at me as well. "If your kind come on our land again." "Wait, what?" Bella stands there, hands tucked in her pockets, her eyes focused on Jake.

"Jacob-" "You didn't tell her?" He asks Edward in disbelief. "Just leave it alone, Jacob. Talk to your girlfriend." Soon enough Edward steps forward and before I can think I step between them. Jacob starts to leave and before he does, Bella hops on the back of his bike. My eyes well up with tears when he grins, Bella's arms snake around his torso, holding tightly to him. "Elizabeth." Edward sets his hand on my arm, tears just about to fall over my lashes. "I thought we were doing better. I thought he was over her." "Call Embry, get home." "How do you know Embry?" He shakes his head. "That's not important. Just," He pauses, taking his hand away before carefully wiping tears off my face. "Call him."

So I do, I call Embry and he immediately leaves wherever he was, coming to pick me up. "What's going on, kid?" "You're only a year older." I almost snap, not meaning to but I'm upset. He sighs, dropping his hand to my thigh, and carefully rubbing circles with his thumb. "Is it about Jacob?" I nod, my eyes flooding with tears again. "He doesn't care, Embry. He's so wrapped up in Bella that he just doesn't care." He pulls me to him, wrapping his arm around my waist as he pulls up to Jake's. "No, Embry-" "You guys have to talk." I sigh, nodding as I get out. I walk to his garage door, just about to knock when I hear him talking.

"Imprinting on someone is, like, when you see her everything changes. All of a sudden it's not gravity holding you to the planet, it's her. Nothing else matters. You would do anything... be anything for her." "It sounds like you know the feeling," Bella answers with a sigh. "Have you... imprinted on someone?" She asks. I hold my breath, waiting for his answer, wanting so badly for it to be me. "You'd know if I had." He responds causing a sob to bubble up my throat as I run back to Embry. The door swings open and Jacob runs out. "Elizabeth!" "You've done enough, Jacob. Back off." Embry walks me to the truck, his arms around me as I can't do anything but cry.

It sounds weak and pathetic, but Embry told me... Embry told me I was Jacob's imprint, that's why we couldn't stay away from each other. My heart seems to crack in my chest as we walk away. Embry lifts me into his truck, pressing his lips to my forehead softly as he glares at Jake. I knew I'd only get hurt falling for the guy who's in love with my sister, but it happened anyway. I fell so hard and he's head over heels for Bella. That next morning, Embry stayed, his arms wrapped around my waist, his chest pressed to my back as my phone rang like crazy across the room. "Are you gonna get it?" "No."

I let it ring for hours but soon enough... it stopped and it hasn't rung since. It's been three hours since it last rang and it seems stupid, but I wish it would keep ringing. I want him to feel the pain I felt. I want him to hurt the way I do. And as if on command, it rings again in a different tone. Embry stands, going to my phone. "It's Bella." "Leave it. She's with Jake today." I sigh, curling into a ball when he comes back over, wrapping his arms around me, his hands tight on me before he takes my chin, forcing me to look up at him. "You guys are gonna get through it, you're his imprint." "Who are you trying to convince, me or you?" I snap, looking up at the ceiling as it rings again, his ringtone echoing through the silent room.