six -edited-

The middle of the night comes around as I'm working on my overdue schoolwork when I hear something against my window. I push my laptop off to the side and walk to it, I open it and look down, my eyes falling on Embry standing there, motioning for me to move back. My brows furrow as I move back, sitting on my bed again. With seemingly minimal effort and a small grunt, he jumps in, walking to me. "You good, Embry? I mean, you kiss me and run off then show up in the middle of the night." He nods, shrugging like it's nothing. "Yeah. Everything's good. Wanna chill?" He points to the bed and I shrug, moving my schoolwork out of his way. "What're you working on?" He steps forward, his chest nearly touching mine when I stand up.

"School. They gave me things from the week before I arrived for some reason." I roll my eyes, going to step away when his arm comes out, stopping me. "I'm sorry about kissing you, Elizabeth. I know you weren't expecting it and probably didn't even want it." He mutters, rubbing the back of his neck. I walk past, gently planting a kiss on his cheek. "You're fine, Embry." He smiles slightly, sitting down on my bed, and moving up toward the wall. "Have you even slept this week, 'Lizabeth?" He scans me over, focusing on my eyes. "Yeah, I'm good." I shrug, looking away quickly. Despite Bella hanging out with Jacob, she still has nightmares, and she still wakes up screaming. It makes it hard for everyone to sleep.

I can hear him stand, walking behind me. "You look tired." He states from behind me, I shrug. "I'm good. If you wanna stay and watch tv, you can, but if not I'm working on schoolwork." He turns me to him, taking my things from my hands, and dropping them on my dresser. "I can stay?" "As long as you're quiet, dad has to work, and I think Bella is waking me up early." He nods, pulling me over to my bed. "That might suck."  He mumbles, holding my hips as I stand in front of him as he sits on my bed. I drop my arms around his shoulders as he looks up at me. "You need to get to bed." He states, I shrug, messing with his hair. A few moments later there's a knock on my door.

I look over as it opens, Bella walks in, stopping short when she sees Embry, sitting on my bed, holding my hips as we talk. "Hey, I uh, I wanted to tell you that Jake and I are testing the bikes tomorrow if you wanna come." I nod. "I'm assuming you want me to go?" She nods, messing with her bracelet. "I mean, you said you wanted to ride them but you were tired of Jake being, quote, an arrogant, self-involved asshole." My brows raise and my head tilts then I nod. "I did, in fact, say that." Embry tightens his grip on me before turning, subsequently pulling me into his lap. "You guys fixed the bikes? Like, for real? Quil and I bet on whether or not they'd be fixable. Looks like Quil owes me ten bucks." He smirks but the corners falter just slightly.

"Oh, yeah, Jake finished them yesterday, I mean, finishing touches go on tomorrow, but other than that, they're good." She smiles slightly, running her hand through her hair. "Cool." I nod, pressing my lips in a thin line as she just continues to stand there. "I'll just, I'll just go." She thumbs behind her, closing my door. I roll my eyes before turning to Embry. His hands tighten on me and his eyes look just past me, refusing to make eye contact. "If you're gonna mention Quil and Jake, don't even think about it." He growls slightly and when I go to open my mouth his hand comes up. "I said no, Elizabeth. I don't wanna talk about them." I nod, carefully pulling his hand down. "Wanna go for a walk?" I mumble and he lets out an audible sigh of relief. "Yes."

"We can't actually go downstairs and out because dad's asleep on the couch, but I have my ways." I smirk and walk to the end of my bed, digging under it until I find the sheets I've tied in knots so I can leave like I did the night before. I toss it out the window, quickly climbing down. Embry, on the other hand, had a different idea. He swings out, landing on the tree, and jumping down beside me. "It's not a competition, Call." I huff with a small smile as he elbows me. "I know, I just had to show off." He shrugs, grabbing my hand and taking off into the woods, me trailing behind, barely able to keep up. "Embry! I can't keep up!" I growl, rolling my eyes as I try to get him to slow down.

He continues running until we get to a clearing, stopping beside me. "Let's walk." He smirks as I hit his shoulder. "Idiot." I huff, crossing my arms over my chest. "Oh, just walk." He rolls his eyes, a smile still on his lips. We walk for about an hour when I turn to him, shoving my hands in my back pockets. "Why couldn't I mention Quil and Jacob?" His jaw tightens and his shoulders tense. "Just don't. It's not that hard." He snaps, brows furrowing. "Oh come on, you guys seemed so close and I only saw you guys together once." He turns to me with a snarl. "Drop it, Elizabeth." "Are you actually getting mad about this? It doesn't make sense. Did you just randomly leave Quil and Jacob because you found other friends?"

He growls, shoulders starting to shake but I shrug it off, he's just mad he's being called out. "Elizabeth, stop." "Did you join that little gang I heard about?" Narrowing my eyes, I watch his movements and facial expressions. "What gang?" He snaps out. "The one I heard about with Sam! You did, didn't you?" I challenge, watching his shoulders hunch forward, odd. "You left your friends for a gang-" I quickly get cut off by a large tear, a wolf, and what feels like fire dragging down my side. Before I can even register what happens, before I can even scream, I black out, the world going dark around me.