three -edited-

The next morning Bella tells me she's gonna be gone all day, I blow it off, not actually caring. Jacob comes into my room, kissing my forehead before running his fingers through my hair. "I'm gonna be gone for the day and I might not make it home tonight." He tells me causing me to scoff and quickly pull away. "Wanna tell me why you're scoffing at me?" He snaps, glaring down at me. "Because guess who told me the exact same thing this morning? Bella!" I say her name with fake excitement, growing suspicious of the activities of my sister. "Oh come on. Just because we'll both be away doesn't mean shit, Elizabeth." He growls.

"Then take me with you." I snap, glaring up at him. "No way! It's not safe, Elizabeth!" He grabs my waist, pulling me against his chest. I sigh, pushing myself back. "Take me with you." "No," I growl, pushing his chest. "Take me." "No." This repeats until he's against the wall, his hands grasping at my hips but I step back. "Why won't you take me? Is there something going on? What's the big secret, Jacob?" I snarl my words at him, knowing I'm gonna win this. And knowing he's gonna lose he throws his hands up exasperatedly. "Fine! You wanna come with so badly, come with! Dress warmly."

I smirk, crossing my arms over my chest. "But don't come crawling to me when you get hurt." He barks, slamming my door so hard that the frame cracks as he leaves. That evening I'm in a tent on a mountainside with Bella and Edward. I curl into a ball, trying to keep myself warm as the wind whips the sides of the tent, seeping through and freezing me to the bone but I keep that to myself. My sister, on the other hand, is a lot louder with her freezing to death. I should've listened when Jacob said to dress warmly so I sit in my jeans and t-shirt, lips turning blue and fingers going numb.

Soon enough the mouth of the tent opens and in walks Jacob. "I can't sleep out here with all the teeth chattering going on in here." He climbs in behind Bella and I scoff, turning away from the two. "My back is to her, 'Lizabeth." Instead of looking at him, I look at Edward. "He's telling the truth." I nod, slowly crawling over to Jacob who quickly sits up, pulling me into his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist. Bella quickly went to sleep but it took me a lot longer because I felt guilty.
"Why do you feel guilty? It's not like you knew any of this was happening." Edward states.

"Excuse me?" My brows furrow as I look at him, curling closer to Jacob. "Edward here has the power to read your pretty little mind." Jacob pokes my head, his eyes narrowing at Edward. "How can you read hers and not Bella's?" "Her mind is pretty hard to read. Unlike Bella and Charlie, you have to sift through her thoughts. There are tons." My face goes red as I bury my head in Jacob's shoulder. "That's not a bad thing, it just means you think... a lot." Jacob sits up straighter, looking over at Edward. "How often does she think of me?" My eyes widen as my face goes red again. "That's an invasion of privacy." Edward states. They quietly talk as I finally fall asleep.

I wake up in the morning to an empty tent. I climb out, walking over to Edward who stands at the mouth of the tent. "What's going on?" I notice Bella quickly following after Jacob who is currently angrily storming away. "I might've let it slip that Bella and I are getting married." He sighs. "You knew what you were doing," I state, looking up at him. He nods, his face contorting with a look of pain. "Is everything-" Bella cuts me off when she walks over, her hands shoved in her back pockets, her face also contorted, but in guilt. "Why do you look guilty?" I ask, my hands running through my hair. "You saw?" She asks Edward who in turn shakes his head.

"No, but Jacob's thoughts are pretty loud." He grimaces. "What happened?" I want to know, needing to know that everything's okay with Jacob. "I kissed him." She mutters causing me to immediately charge at her only to have Edward grab my waist and pull me to his chest. "You've got everything you want! Why do you have to take what means the most to me too?" Tears flood my eyes until a blonde perched on a rock catches my eye. Soon enough a fight breaks out. Seth joins in too, dragging off the blonde who grabs my arm before Seth tears it off. A fire is started and the blonde and the redhead who had shown up, both thrown onto it causing me to be sick.

I finally calm down when Edward sets his hand on my back, sympathy thick in his eyes. "Jacob's been hurt." Without thinking I dart off, following the same way I had been led up here, tripping and falling twice but continuing no matter what. When I finally reach him he's being loaded into Sam's truck. "Get in." Sam orders. I immediately climb in the back, setting Jacob's head on my lap, and pushing his hair off his forehead. "Elizabeth?" His voice croaks out. "I'm here, Jakey. I'm here." I mutter. Later that evening I'm sitting outside the Black house listening to the screams of the wolf inside as the doctor Cullen rebreaks and sets the bones. Tears sitting idly in my eyes as I wait.

Soon enough a cold hand is sat on my shoulder. "He's asking for you." The doctor states. Within seconds I'm inside, sitting beside his bed, pushing his hair back again. "Jake?" "'Lizabeth." He forces a smile, looking up at me. "This is karma for kissing my sister." I joke, making sure my voice lets him know I'm joking. "I'm sorry." He mutters. I lean down, pressing a kiss on his forehead. "I'm joking, Jake." "When did you start calling me Jake?" He asks, narrowing his eyes at me. "Since you started kissing my sister," I smirk as he rolls his eyes. "I love you, Jacob. I was so worried when Edward said you got hurt."

He sighs, nodding. "You got hurt on the way down." He states. "How do you know?" "Carlisle told me as he was breaking my arm." He chuckles slightly before wincing. "Told me you cut your hands and knees up pretty bad." I shrug, looking at the dried blood on my skin. "Doesn't matter." "I'll be okay, Elizabeth. There's no need to worry." I lean down, kissing him quickly before pulling back. "Get some sleep, Jacob." He nods, taking my hand. "Stay with me." He mumbles, holding tighter. "Okay."