seven -edited-

The following day Jacob and I finally decided to go back to the Cullens. Bella walks in just after us, an almost confused expression on her face. After a moment we stand in the living room, Bella, Edward, and Renesmee at the piano. Carlisle, Esme, Jacob, and me, were on the couches. "Tanya convinced Irina to come reconcile with us." Carlisle states. "It looks like she changed her mind," Edward says as Esme nods. "Seeing Leah must've been too much for her." "Wish I could've just spoken to her." My sister says, shrugging. "She's family. She'll come around." Carlisle promises as he leans back, wrapping his arm around Esme.

Jacob shrugs, dropping his arm around my waist as Edward and Renesmee start to play the piano. I sigh as I lean into Jacob, listening to Edward. Soon enough everyone is in the living room, simply basking in the presence of each other when Alice walks in, a sharp gasp escaping her lips as the vase in her hands slips to the floor, shattering. Jasper speeds over. "What is it, Alice?" He asks, his hand dropping to her back. "The Volturi. They're coming for us." She states, her voice panicked. "Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard, and Irina."

Jacob tightens his grip on me, keeping me to his chest. "Why?" Carlisle asks as Edward straightens up. "What did Irina see in the woods?" "We were just walking," Bella explains when Leah sucks a quick breath in. "Ness was catching snowflakes." Edward's face lights up with recognition. "Of course." He says, confusing everyone. "Irina thinks Renesmee is an Immortal Child." I know I should listen but I can't. I can't handle it anymore. There's so much going on, so many lives that could be at risk with Volturi coming. Bella had told me about them.

Jacob pulls me from my thoughts as he shifts me in his lap. "Can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" He asks. Edward shakes his head. "Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts." "So we fight." My face pales and I turn to look at him. "Jacob you can't." "Elizabeth, I have to. The Cullens are family now, I fight for family." While any other time my heart would swell at the fact he's considering them family, all I can think about now is him getting hurt again. I go silent, both of my hands holding one of Jacob's tightly as his other arm is slung around my waist.

The following day is spent getting everyone prepared to leave in search of witnesses. I haven't spoken a word to Jacob since last night. I'm afraid of telling him he can't fight because that'll make him fight but he won't be careful, but I'm afraid of telling him he can because heaven forbid something worse happens this time. "Baby, come on, speak to me." He sighs, running his thumb over my knuckles as he holds my hands. I shake my head, sighing. "What's wrong?" "I'm scared you're gonna get hurt again." I blurt, smacking my hands over my mouth. He sighs, pulling me into a tight hug. "I'm gonna be okay."

We walk outside to find everyone crowded around Carlisle and Esme, unbelieving looks on their face. Sam stands there, a sigh escaping his lips when I look at him. "What's going on?" I ask. "They left," Carlisle says, his voice saddened. "Who left?" I set my hand on the man's shoulder, reading the note in his hands. "Jasper and Alice," Esme says. "I'm so sorry." I carefully pull the short woman in for a hug who sighs, hugging me back. Jacob and I stayed behind as everyone went on their journeys, we were to take care of the house and make it ready for guests. I'm not excited to be around the bloodsuckers.

"How many do you think they'll bring back?" I ask as I wash the dishes. "I'm not sure. Enough to where it won't be safe for you." "I can't just leave, Jake." He stands, nodding. "You can and you will. You'll be staying with Sam and Emily on the rez. You're only to be here when I bring you." "Jacob-" He shakes his head. "No. No way. We're not arguing about this." "Jacob, I smell like one of you guys." "Yeah, until you blush." He snaps. "I'll be fine." "We're not risking it. End of story." He growls as I cross my arms over my chest. "No." "No?" I lift my chin stubbornly. "No." He grabs my jaw, pulling my face up toward his. "You're going to the reservation and that's final." He snarls.

"I don't care how much you kick and scream." "Jacob, I'm not-" A growl rips through his chest, silencing me. "That's final." He barks. I nod, carefully pulling myself back, and continuing to wash dishes in silence. He sighs, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me, and planting a kiss on my head. "I'm sorry. But you're so damn stubborn. You never listen." "And I never will." I laugh when he pokes my side, eventually, he starts to tickle me, pinning me against the counter so I can't move. "Uncle!" I gasp between laughter in an attempt to get him to stop.

His hands finally quit moving but he never takes them away. He leans down, hesitating for a moment before pressing his lips to mine, it's sweet and slow. He picks me up, sitting me on the counter, never breaking the kiss, stepping between my legs. "Jake," I whisper, pulling back slightly. He shakes his head, pulling my face toward his again, effectively shutting me up. His hands drop down to my hips, pulling me closer. I run my hands through his hair, dropping my arms around his neck before sliding my hands down his chest. The door opens but Jacob just moves his head down, planting kisses along my neck.

"Jacob," I mumble, pushing his shoulder. "Shh." He smirks. "Just talk." He knows who it is apparently. "Hello?" A voice calls. Embry. "In here!" I push Jacob again but he grabs my hands, holding them together at the wrist. "Jacob, Embry is here." I wriggle in his grip. His teeth graze my neck causing me to push him back, huffing. I know he left marks. "I know what you did," I growl as Embry walks in, his face going red. "Sorry, am I interrupting?" "Not at all." I shake my head, jumping down from the counter. "What's up?" "Jake told me to come get you. Said to stop by Charlie's too."

He holds up a bag, which I'm assuming is filled with clothes, before smirking. "You uh, got a little something." He taps his neck causing my face to go red. "Shut up." He laughs as Jacob wraps his arms around my waist. "Embry's gonna take you to the rez." He kisses my temple, carefully pushing me over to Embry. "You never said today!" I stamp my foot, glaring at him. "Elizabeth." He growls. "Come on, Liz, you'll have plenty of fun on the rez." "It's not about fun, Em. It's about being around my sister when she needs me." I snap. "I know. Come on." He takes my hand, pulling me away from glaring at Jacob anymore.