chapter 18

okokokokokokokok important shit at the end, pls enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

time-skip to a week later, in the car on the way to the doctor

Shinso was lazily sipping on his coffee, one hand on the steering wheel and the other arm resting on the center console. Kaminari was staring out the window, white knuckling his own coffee.

The past week had been a trip. Between late night panic attacks and several crying sessions, they had both been through a lot in the week leading up to the dreaded appointment.

"Hey, it's ok.  I trust this doctor and they will take good care of you. Everything is going to go smoothly, promise," Shinso said. Kaminari came out of the trance he was in and looked over. He took a small sip of his coffee before answering.

"Y-yeah, I trust that, but its still really scary. I h-haven't really been to a doctor in a really long time. A-and on top of that needles and me just don't mix," He explained. Shinso nodded in response.

"I get that, and if anything goes wrong I'll be there. If you start to panic we can step out and calm down." Their conversation lasted for a bit longer, straying into different topics, until the arrived at the hospital.

~later, in the office~ 

"Hello, I'm Dr. Yaoyarozu, and I'll- oh! Shinso, Kaminari, nice to see you two. Anyways I'll be taking care of you today. So, just here for a general wellness check and blood-work?" Yaoyarozu walked into the room. She sat down on her chair and started to go through some paperwork.

"That sounds about right, but we also need to get his leg checked out, something seems to be pulled or something like that," Shinso added. Yaoyarozu gave him a nod.

After about 40 minutes of basic tests and questions they were given direction to the other room where the blood work would be done. They waited about 15 minutes and the tall woman returned with a nurse and some equipment.

"Ok Mr. Kaminari, here's how we are going to do this. Its going to take a bit since we need a good amount of blood, so we need you to lie down. Shinso can you stay close to him in case we need you calm him down?-" He nodded"- OK then! Lets get started," and he got to work prepping needles and getting everything arranged.

Once Kaminari was settled on the uncomfortable mat, Shinso sat down in the seat the nurse had moved over.

"Hey, Denki, Its gonna be ok. I promise. You are safe and no one dangerous can get to you here, OK?" Shinso said. He could tell Yaoyarozu was about to start and was trying to distract the shaking blond.

"Y-yeah. I'm safe. Ok I'm- OW! Ok that really hurt," He winced when the needle pierced his skin. He scrunched his eyes closed and tried to stay still.

"Alright, if you start to feel faint or lightheaded let me know. It shouldn't take to long," Yaoyarozu said as she started to do some stuff on her laptop.

 ~like 30 minutes later~

"Ok, so we should have results back by the end of the week. We will notify you when they come back and schedule an appointment from there. You guys are free to go!" Yaoyarozu clapped her hands together.

"Thank you. Have a nice day," Shinso said as they walked out of the office and to the car. they both got in and started it up.

"T-that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. And didn't we meet the doctor at the mall?" Denki had gotten noticeably more comfortable and talkative, especially for how short of a time he'd been around Hitoshi.

"You did really good. And yeah we met her at the mall. She's Jiro's girlfriend. I'm pretty sure Jiro's actually planning on proposing to her soon," Shinso said ans he pulled out of the parking lot. "Ok, so its about 12:30, so why do't we get something for lunch. What sounds good?"

"I'm not sure. Whats around?"

"Well there's a really good pho place not to for from here. There's also a couple of american ones a little ways down the road."

"Pho sound good to me, if that ok?"

"Works for me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

will it be getting angsty soon? maybe! do i know how to write angst properly? nope! anyways,

THANK YOU FOR 10K READS!!!!!!  i means a lot to me, especially with this being my only actual plot-book. y'all really are amazing.