chapter 6

(set on the day that shin got denki, instead of after like last chapter)

todo pov.

He refuses to eat! midoriya looks like he is on the verge of death by starvation and he won't eat, and when he does, he throws it back up later. and it isn't his fault either. He says he is hungry so I get him food, then he looks at it and won't eat.

despite all this I know its not his fault and I'm not angry. I came from an abusive household so I know how it feels to get out of that and have to start all over.

I was able to get Midoriya from the gang he was with before Shinso and Bakugo where able to get their people out. He is insanely thin and weak, but is extremely smart and a very fast learner.

over the span of three days, I've gotten to know very little about him. he is  25 years old, the same as me, his name is Midoryia Izuku, and he had been in the system since he turned 21. that's about all I know, and I wish it was more.

despite that, he's actually really nice. he may be weak but he is always trying to help. he insists that he helps with the daily chores and always wants to do something for me. I've decided to use this against him.

today I'm going to make some toast and ask him to try it in hopes of tricking him into eating it. since he always wants to help, hopefully hell eat it.

"Midoryia? hey I need you to help me with something."

I saw his head poke around the corner with a look of interest on it before he walked out of his hiding spot.

"oh, what is it? I'm happy to h-help sir!" he stuttered out. I chuckled and waved him over to the table, setting the toast down.

"well, this is a new bread recipe," yes I make my own bread, " and I need you to test it for me. I'm afraid that I might be biased about how it tastes and since you live here I want to make sure you like it."

he nodded and picked the bread up, before taking on a disgusted look,"sorry sir. I bet it is delicious, but I can't eat it. I don't deserve to eat." he sat it back on the plate and looked at his lap with a sorrowful, yet relived look.

"Midoryia. you do deserve to eat. I don't care what the people you had to be with before said, nothing you do should be a reason for you to starve. so please, I need you to do this for me. you simply coming out here is enough. just please, eat the bread an do your best to not through it up," I pleaded. I didn't want him to starve. I knew what it was to be in a place that made you feel unworthy of even the simplest things. I suffered from severe anorexia for several years after getting out of my house, but I had my best friend, a women named Yaoyorozu Momo, who helped me through it. I knew he needed someone to help him. 

he nodded and picked it back up. he still look slightly appalled but took a bite and swallowed it. slowly but surly he worked his way through the bread before finally finished it. he look at me with a questioning look. I nodded and a smile spread across his face.

"would it be ok if I hugged you?" he looked shocked at the request but gave a questioning nod. I walked over to him and gave him a light hug. he tentatively hugged back. I wanted to tighten the hug and comfort him, but I knew he still had many wounds and bruises and I didn't want to bother them. after a moment he smushed his face into my chest and squeezed my waist with his twig thin arms. he was surprisingly strong. I smiled and let hi set like that for as long as he wanted.

after a few minutes I looked down and realized he fell into a deep slumber. letting out a light chuckle I removed him from my chest before picking him up and carrying him to his room. he was an adorable mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

woo! ok don't forget to vote on the last thing. thxs so much you guys mean the world to me  :) <3<3