AU: What Would've Happened (If you didn't)

A/N: HELLO! So since I was doing alternatives for my other story 'A Taste of The Bad Boy' I've decided that I want to do one here as well!

So enjoy!

A.k.a
What life would have been like if Mathias never became an abusive father to Toby, but everything else still happens.

Nobody's Pov

When the doctors told him the news, Mathias felt torn. Too much has happened in that one day. His best friend turned out to be an asshole who sleeps with his best friend's wife.

His wife who indulged in sleeping with him only to conceive a child that wasn't her husband's.

He'd lost too much!

His wife!

And now his resolve to be able to relay all of this to his already fragile son who seemed to have forgotten.
God, he doesn't know what to do!

As he sat in the waiting room with his head in his hands, he'd decided that he'll be there for his new amnesiac son. He'll need help. So Mathias is going to give to him.

If he can't apparently be a good husband, then he'll just focus on being a good father instead.

After all, all they've got is each other now.

~*~

Mathias' Pov

I've been taking Tobias to therapy. In fact, he had an appointment today but I had to be at work so I asked Kate to take him.
Unknowingly, I ended up being released from work a little early today, so I was in the kitchen making us a snack when he came rushing into the house, panting.

"Hey, buddy? Hey, what's wrong? Calm down!" "Ugh~!" He wailed as he fell over into my arms. "What's a matter Tob'?" I asked while rubbing his back. "Did something happen at the appointment?"

Apparently my concern finally reached him because he stammered out; "A-a b-b-boy!"

Huh, a boy?

"What boy Toby?"

"F-from my mem-memories. I r-r-remember a boy!" He cried harder.

A boy from your memories huh?

Could it be...

Maverick's kid?

"Shush, shush. It's okay, it's okay. Just breath Toby."

I rubbed his back in comfort.

I'll be making a phone call to Kate later.

~*~

Toby's Pov

Why?

Why is this happening?

Why am I at fault?

Why!?

I wailed as I fell back onto my bed. I can't remember.
I can't remember and it pains me! The things that come back to me, the things that I've forgotten, seem so important!

It gives me this unexplainable feeling in my chest and it hurts!

It really freaking hurts.

Everytime I remember, it always feel like I can't breath at the end of it. Then my head starts to feel like it's going to explode.
Pain.