1- Take Me To The Mansion

Tobias pov

I woke today with bruised ribs and a limp. My neck sports all kinds of bruises and scratches. But that's nothing compared to my abdomen. I waddled my way into the bathroom and grudgingly reached for the pain killers in my medicine cabinet.

I drank water from the tap of my sink, then hauled myself into the shower. The pitter-patter of water on my sensitive skin was excruciating. I painstakingly washed my person and walked into my room and dressed.

Once I was done I grabbed my bag and phone, cutting it on to reveal a million texts from my best friend- no scratch that- the only friend, Harper. I quietly opened my bedroom door peaking my head out then crept into the hallway.

I was making sure to avoid the spots of the floor and steps that creaked. Praying that it wouldn't give me away. I was just about to reach for the knob when someone's booming voice startled me. "Where do you think you're going!?"

"T-t-to school." I stuttered, not daring to turn around. "Oh, do you now." It wasn't really a question. "Sit down, I have to talk to you."

He spoke with a command, that I obeyed immediately. I sped walked over to the sofa carefully sitting down to cause minor pain. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket from Harper's texts. I didn't dare to check it though. "Here's the thing. I need to be out of town for a few days- maybe even weeks. You'll live kid." He had a drunken haze to his eyes, and his voice was still raspy.

"Y-yeah. I will." I stammered out. "So, do you want me to stay and keep the house together?" "What I want, is for you to go upstairs, and pack your things." "But school-" "Fuck school! What did I say!?" "Y-yes, sir!"

I ran - as close to a run I could muster, with my aching body. I stumbled my way up the stairs. By the time I finished and returned downstairs, my dad was gone. I stood there trying to fathom what was happening, completely unaware of him sneaking up on me. It wasn't until I felt his arms wrap around my neck, did I snap out of my trance.

"Now, you are going to get in the car, and you're going to keep your mouth shut. Follow all the rules they give you. No back talking." He growled in my ear. I was dangerously still when he pulled away. "Now get your ass in the car." I shook my head vigorously as I complied. I stumbled my way to the car. As soon as I got in he pulled off. I barely was able to close the door.

I watch as all the familiar things went by in a blur of fast motion. All the things I could've used to find my way back. I was brought out of my daydream when I felt my phone vibrate steadily, signaling that I have a call. I pulled it out and checked it. I watched as the phone stopped and went as a missed call from Harper.

I quickly texted her back before she could call me again. 'I can't talk on the phone right now. You understand. :('

'Tobias Mcvay! You had me scared shitless!'

'Sorry, lol. '

'It's fine Tob. Coming late?'

'I'm not coming at all, for the week.'

'...'

'WHAT!?'

'Dad's taking me somewhere.'

'WHERE!? I'll come to rescue you!'

"Nah. Talk later.' :)

After that, I cut my phone off. Now that I didn't have anything to distract me from my phobia of being in a car, I begin to feel myself start to panic. So I closed my eyes and tried not to remember that awful night.  I ended up falling asleep in the backseat. Which was a bad thing to do when around my father.

I woke up to a jerk. My eyes finally focused enough for me to see that we were at a mansion-like house. I stumbled out of the car, falling to the ground. My father scowled down at me. "Pathetic." He muttered before grabbing and pulling me up by my hair. I hissed in pain which made him grip tighter.

"Stand straight and make yourself presentable. These people are going to have my head if you don't pass." He yanked me toward him. His hot breath on my ear. "If you embarrass me in front of these people, I will personally deal with you. Do you understand?" He snarled.

I was able to get in a slight nod regardless of his hand. The door to the mansion opened, revealing a man and a woman. The woman looked excited to see me, but the man looked at my father.

"Oh, Tobias! We missed you!"