9- Hospitals, Painkillers & Almost Death

"I feel by the weak side, like everyone else. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, but I was just kidding myself."

Jonah pov

That night, I grew a understanding. But what man - human being- would do such a thing to their child!? For someone to beat them bloody. For them to end up in a hospital, barely clinging to life!

I was pacing around the waiting room, when Harper came running through the door. "Where is he!? Where is Tobias Dorian Mcvay!?" She finally spotted me and stormed over. "What happened?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"I don't know. I just found him like that!" I sat down and ran my hand through my hair. "He called me on the phone - he wouldn't say anything, so I just listened."
I admitted.

Harper pov

I fell to my knees. "That means..only one person could have done it. His father.."

Tobias pov

It's dark.
It's too dark.
'Mom?'
......
'Mom!'
....
"Mom!"

*Gasp*

*Beeping machines*

I jumped awake only to find myself in a hospital bed. "Tobias!" I heard Jonah and Harper yell my name. "Oh Toby, are you alright?" "You're not in any pain are you? I'll get the doctor!" Harper said in a rush.

"Har-per.." I tried to call out to her, but my voice was so weak and scratchy from all the screaming and crying. But she must have heard me though, cause she stopped.

"Here, drink some water. Don't waste your strength." That's right, I forgot Jonah was there for a moment. Wait...I was on the phone with him when....

Oh no!

"Jojo...I-" "Ssh~. Quiet now. Get some rest Tob." "No, I-" "Tobias." He growled out.
I whimpered as I laid back slowly.

Harper had joined us by the bed again. "Are you in any pain, because I will get the doctor?" Harper stated again. "Everything hurts. But I'll be alright." Hopefully.

Jonah jist stared at me. I stared back. His eyes was filled with barely compressed anger, sadness, and care. I reached out my hand towards his and held it.

Before I knew it, I had drifted off to sleep.

-
-
-
-
-
A/N: So sorry this was a bit of a short chapter. I had started on it over Thanksgiving and didn't do anything for it yesterday. (٥_)
Anyways..I'll make it up to you guys somehow.

P.s: Don't forget to comment, vote and share. Overall, hoped you enjoyed the story so far!! Ciao!! \(>o<)

A/N: The next part is your break. Feel free to skip if you want. :)