8- Love Shouldn't Hurt, But Yours Is Killing Me

×
×
×
×
×

Jonah pov

"Please don't make me go back. I don't wanna go! I don't wanna leave you!" Tobias wailed as he trembled in my arms. I haven't seen his father in years, four to be exact.
But why was he so worried about it.
I pulled him away so we could make eye contact. "Tobias, is there anything you want to tell me?" I tried to keep my voice as calm and steady as possible.

I watched as his eyes widened. "N-no. Why d-do you ask?" He's lying. I just raised an eyebrow. "Because you're trembling in my arms Toby! Why don't you want to go back home?" He looked down as he clenched his fist in my shirt.

"B-because,
it'll just k-keep killing m-me slowly."

"......."

"What?" He looked away from me and I could feel his body shake. "You don't understand. Nobody does! The only person that has any idea is Harper."

He was breathing unsteadily. Harper.... again, Harper.
Always Harper. "So tell me! Explain it to me so that I can understand." I was pleading with him, but hw wouldn't meet my gaze. He just shook his head. "I can't! It'll just cause unnecessary trouble."

He climbed off of me and got up. "I have to go pack my things." He walked away.
I sat there dumbfounded as I watched him. He stopped a few feet away. "I'm sorry, Jonah. I'm so sorry!"

His voice sounded like he was on the verge of tears but he walked away before I could ask. So that's how I spent the rest of my afternoon.

Silently counting down the hours until my father and Mr. Mcvay would arrived.

***
Tobias pov

Surely enough it was time. Maryanne came and fetched me from the room me and Jonah shared. With every step I felt my heartbeat quickened. When we finally reached the livingroom, there he stood.
With that manic grin plastered on his face.

I gulped as I walked over to him. His grin only widened. "Tobias! I've missed you buddy."

Translation: I've missed torturing you.

"R-really? I m-missed you too." Stupid! Why did you sound so unsure about that!
You're so dead!!!

"Hmph. Well it's nice to see you guys again. Before I forget, where's the boy?"
My father asked. "Oh, Jonah? He should be out in a minute. Jonah!" Mrs Kate called.

My eyes widened. No, Jonah! Don't come! But unfortunately life hates me and he showed up anyway. "Hi, Mr. Mcvay. " He greeted.

"Come over here and let me get a good look at you."

Translation: Come over here so I could see what I'd be up against if need be.

My breath hitched in my throat. "D-dad, we should get g-going." Jonah glanced over at me with concerned eyes.
Shit!

"Well, you're right. Come here." I swear my heart stopped. But i reluctantly walked over to him anyway. He placed his hand on my shoulder and I had to force myself not to flinch.

"Alright, we'll see you folks later." To them his arm around me looked harmless. But in reality, it was digging into the wound on my shoulder. And he knew.

***

Not even before we got into the house did he throw me down to the ground. "Dad I-" "Shut the fuck up!" He kicked my in my stomach.
Knocking the wind out of me. He grabbed me by my shirt and threw me into the house. Before I could react he grabbed my hair harshly as he dragged me into the back dark room.

This is the room he would always bring me inti only when he plans on doing the worst things possible. "You think that you can just try to make me look like a fool in front of them, then you are sorely mistaken!"

He went over to his drawer and pulled out some pliers. "Dad please-" "I said,
shut. *kick*
The. *Kick*
fuck. *Kick*
Up!"

I heaved up what remained in my barely full stomach. "Disgusting." He muttered on top of me. My eyes widened as the pliers came back into view.

His manic grin returned. "This might hurt. But don't you dare scream."

He laughed. "But by all means, do cry." He took my fingers and proceeded to break my fingers.

I was choking on the tears and the died out screams. When he was done he left. "I'll be back. Don't you dare to fucking move or I'll break your damn legs."

I knew he was serious. He was probably going to get more beer. I reached in my back pocket and dialed - with the best of my abilities - Jonah's number. "Hello."

I didn't answer. "Toby?" Just hearing his voice was enough. Shortly after my father returned. "Let's have some more fun, eh Tob?"
He had his half empty beer bottle in his hands. I watched with hooded eyes. "Tsk. When I ask a question I expect you to answer me!" He growled. My heartbeat sky rocketed.

He downed the last of the alcohol and smashed the bottle on the drawer. The jagged ends now pointing out. He turned towards me and grinned. "Don't worry, I'll teach you your lesson."

He stalked towards me and climbed on top keeping me down. His weight alone was enough to make the breath leave my body. His stabbed the bottle into my abdomen.

I yelled out a blood curdling yell. "What did I say about yelling?" He dragged the sharp edges up, down, and across. Putting enough pressure to make blood spill. "Cry Tobias."

I whimpered. "Cry!" He stabbed a knife into my hip. When did he bring that? If I was going to die here, at least somebody would know my secret.

That; Tobias Mcvay was being constantly abused by his father. And one day, one day it became to much that it killed him.

But who am I kidding he probably already hung up.

*On the edge of losing consciousness*

"Toby! TOBIAS!"

I rolled over to my side wincing at how much of a mistake that was. I picked up my phone to see that it had 4hrs on there for how long he's been on the phone.

"Tobias, talk to me! Are you alright!? I'm outside."

Nothing. "Tobias? Oh god, Toby, please answer me! I'm coming in."

*Click*

"...jojo....."

A/N: The next part is your break. Feel free to skip if you want. :)