16- Pacify Her (She's Getting On My Nerves)

A/N: Ello there peaches! Welcome back to my story!

Woah, youtube intro came out of nowhere.

So requested by ed_valentine who wanted to know when did Harper come into the mix with Tobias, and what happened between her & Niviah.

Ya know, besides her being a 🤬 all times throughout this story.

Anywho, enjoy my lovely peaches until next time! Ciao!

_
_
_

2 years before the accident
Nobody's Pov

Harper was sitting on the swing in her front yard, just loving the feeling of the sun on her skin. The whole scene seemed to have brought upon a euphoria to the girl. As she looked up with closed eyes and a smile, there's a sudden ruckus coming from inside her house.

Harper looked around to see her mother storming out of the house fuming. Now, off the bat she knows something is wrong since she's never seen her mother so furious before.

When the woman notices her daughter on the swing, her whole demeanor changes in an instant. Almost like a switch. She stands frozen besides her hands coming up to her mouth and her eyes bulging.

The girl runs off the swing over to her mother with a terrifying shock and worry. Mrs Crowell looks as if she's about to break down crying as she grabs her daughter by her arms and holds her close. Harper wants to ask wants wrong but before she can, her father comes out the house and stops as he witnesses the scene.

"Harper, sweetie, mommy is going away for a long time- but I promise that I'll come and visit you- and only you, okay? Be strong for mommy, okay?"

Harper is torn as she watches her mother, not making any sense. But she feels as if something terrible is happening here, and she wants to cry herself. "Harper honey, come inside. Me and your mother have some things to talk about-" and again, it's like a switch has been flipped.

"No. Me and you, have nothing to talk about." She turns back to her daughter. "Baby, mommy is leaving daddy and I can't take you with me." She brushes a locket of Harper's hair out of her face and behind her ear. "Wha-what do you mean?" The girl stumbled. "You're gonna live with daddy now. I can't live with him anymore." And as if on que, a car pulls up and a woman steps out.

The car was a very expensive car, and clearly looks like it didn't belong in the suburban neighborhood. The woman that stepped out was gorgeous, and looked like she screamed money and power. She then opened the door for another female stepped out. She looked to be about Harper's age, but the way she dressed made her seems a bit older.

The woman looked at Mrs Crowell as if she was the most disgusting thing she had ever seen. "George, we have to do something about this place. You clearly can't expect me to live here." The comment confused Harper even more because, why was this other woman a stranger be talking about living in her home!?

"You don't live here me and my mommy and daddy do!" The girl yelled. The woman and her daughter looked at Harper as if noticing her for the first time. "Aw, how sweet." Her daughter stepped closer to Harper and stated in a patronizing tone; "You're an idiot! My mom and your dad are dating. Which means that your hag of a mother is getting kicked out."