12- A Gift To Remember

A/N: It's Tobias's birthday in this chapter. ;)
*Don't play music yet^*

Toby pov

I woke up in Jonah's arms. He was so beautiful! How did I become so lucky!? The light from the window blinded me a bit when I looked at him. I reached over slowly, trying not to wake him up with my movements. I picked up my phone and checked the time.

It was 8:30 am, Wednesday, October 23rd. Aka, my birthday.
I'm 18 today. There's nothing good about this day - well there was nothing good about this day, because of my father.
Some how even through all of his drunken haze, he still remembered my birthday!

Of course the worse would always happen. He would take me into the "dark room" and beat me til I screamed and cried.

"Stop that." Huh? "Stop what?" "That look." I turned over to face him. "What look, Jonah?" "That sad, lost in space look. It bothers me!" I looked at him shocked. "Sorry." I mumbled. He nuzzled me closer to himself. "Don't worry about it." We just laid there quietly, taking in each other's company and warmth.

"Jojo," " Hn? " "I'm going to go take a shower." " Mhmm? " He didn't move. "Which means that, you have to let me up." " Mhmm. " Still nothing. "
"Jonah!" " Okay, okay. Haha- ow! " I got out of his hold. "I'm sorry baby. Hey, Toby~."

I slammed the bathroom door closed as I walked over to the shower. He's still a bully to me. The AUDACITY!

One Shower later

When I got out as soon as I opened the door I found Jonah sitting on the bed staring at my phone. The look he had sent chills down my spine.
"What's a matter?" He didn't say anything. "Jonah, you're kinda freaking me out here." "What is this, you send reminds to yourself?" He asked not looking up from the phone.
"What-" "You have an reminder." He showed me my phone.

My heart stopped. On the screen said;

Get out of the house. Get away from him!

"T-th-that's n-not what-" He pulled me into his embrace. My eyes started watering. "It's okay now. I'm here with you, okay? He can never get to you anymore. Okay, I promise!" His grip tightened around me and before I knew it, the tears fell .

***

Jonah pov

Today is my baby boy's birthday. From what I gathered his birthdays aren't always the best things so I'm going to give him a birthday that he'll love! Hopefully. I may need some help from Harper as well since she's been with him in all the time I haven't.
"Crowell!" I called to her in the hallway. She made a face at me but walked over nonetheless.

"You what, don't feel the need to address me by my first name!" "Mhmm maybe, but anyway! I need your help with something." She gave me a inspecting look. "Go on~."

"Okay, I want to plan something special for Toby's birthday but I don't know what yet. Have any ideas?"

Her lip turned up in a thinking manner. "I have my own gift to give and it's gonna be pretty expensive. But for your own gift, how about a date."