7- I Remember, and It Pains Me

Toby's pov

*Minor to major flashbacks in this chapter*

All the memories that had been long forgotten, came flooding back to me. All the pain, all the love. The friendship, and the enemies.

~

~

~

~

Flashback:

"Toby, I love you. No wait, I'm in love with you."

"You..what?"

"I love you, Tobias."

*Out of consciousness.*

"Promise?"

"Always."

*In consciousness*

*Out*

"Tobias! We have to go!"

"No! Wait! I have to give my answer! Mom, no!"

*In*

"I love him!" "Tobias stop kicking the seat, and put your seatbelt on!"

*Car crash*

*In consciousness*

*Beeping machines*

"If we don't get him in the emergency room right now, he might not make it." "What about the mother?"

"She's already...gone."

"...mom.."

*Out of consciousness.*

"Mom!"

PRESENT TIME:

Nobody's pov

Tobias was laying in a bed when he woke up. It took him a few minutes to realize that he wasn't in his bed or the bed that the Maverick's assigned to him either. However, the room was familiar, since it was the one that he had to sleep in. He got up quickly, regretting it instantly. Falling back to the bed, he realized his ribs weren't hurting that badly, or at all. He couldn't feel it even if they were.

He rubbed his eyes and shook his head, catching a glimpse of the painkillers. "So that's why." He got up slowly, making his way to the bathroom. Only to find a dazed Jonah. Upon the sight of him, his heart started beating fast. His eyes widen as the memories came back to him. They made his head have a dull ache.

His hand went from the side of his head to his lips. "Last night...that wasn't even our first kiss..." He didn't notice when Jonah started watching him. Their eyes met. Tobias tried to speak. "I.." However, his voice seems to fail. Jonah walked over to him. His eyes never leaving his.