6- He Has Amnesia?

A/N: This part is just about Harper's thoughts. It's kinda important to the story.

Harper's pov

Four years ago around the time of the accident when I got a call saying that Toby was in the hospital, I dropped what I was doing immediately! I rushed over there to find Jonah Maverick asleep in the guest chair next to his bed.

I don't know why he was there nor did I care in that moment. I stayed there with Toby until I had to go to the restroom. When I got back Jonah was gone. It surprised me to say the least, but not as much as him being there in the first place.

I hadn't seen him around Toby since. Turns out Toby had amnesia, but he didn't forget me. Which I was grateful for. However he didn't mention the relation to knowing Jonah either. When he found out his mom died in the accident, he became so broken that I swore from that point on I would protect him.

I hated how I couldn't see it earlier than he was being abused by his own father. I like to think that it only started after the accident. I was happy that Tobias told me one night through tears. It was also upsetting that it took so long for him to but I understand.

Some days when he reminisce about his mother, he talks about her to me in a way that I would know. Which I don't most of the time. I only connected it to the way he would look at me sometimes in a way of understanding.

I remember one time he asked me something that caught me off guard one day. He asked me; 'how come you never calm me down the way you use to? We never do the things we used to do anymore, why?'

It was in that moment I remembered his amnesia. He didn't forget me, but he did however forget someone. Someone really important.

He just confused them with me.

°
°
°
A/N: The next part is just pictures (as well as any part with their names.) Feel free to skip if you want.
°
°