Chapter 14

~Blair~

10 pm

"Would it hurt to try you on?" I dawdled around the creamy white piece of lingerie that I had stored away, but since I was alone, and Dylan wasn't going to be back anytime soon- I figured why not have a little fun modeling?

See, I would have been more constructive, but I needed to get my mind off the parcel that Tyler had dropped out of nowhere.

I would open it, but after talking to Lexi, and contemplating it myself, I was more than comfortable with the thought of not knowing what hoax apology lay penned on the paper that he had disposed of.

Speaking of Lexi, I had finally gotten the chance to catch up with her. And saying it was relieving would be an understatement.

After Dylan left, I ran towards my laptop, and immediately gave Lexi a call. She answered after the second ring and squealed as FaceTime connected. I recall our conversation perfectly, with her filling me in on how her family vacation has been, to me ranting about how much she missed when she flew out, and her giving me a thumbs up for my impulsive decision.

She did inform me about where she was- New York- and how exactly things were going- good, but they had their bad moments. Her grandmother was ill, and so they were all staying with her in a 4 bedroom apartment. That seemed more than fitting, considering she had two younger brothers as well- one of which interrupted our call to greet me.

I felt elated being able to communicate with her, and ramble on as though time hadn't passed. I guess that's what having a best friend feels like. I was however concerned about her grandmother, because by the looks of what Lexi was portraying, things didn't look too well with her at all. She still did manage to slip in that her grandmother was the one encouraging her to sneak out and party, which is something I bursted in laughter over. Her family was like that, sweet but open to things.

The conversation then drifted from laughable to a gossip session, where she informed me about Tyler's infidelity before I could even bring it up. I remember her balling out, as though it was her that went through the breakup. She told me about how everyone on campus was talking about it, how it was plastered on the groups, and Charlotte was having the time of her life with the guy. Apparently people don't see 'cheating' as a scandal anymore. Instead they see 'flying to a different country' as 'dramatic'- which I understood. It was pretty irrational of me to run away, but I was wrapped up in the fact that they'd take Charlotte and Tyler's side over mine.

Still, our hour long talk ended with the subject of Dylan- she had more to say on the subject than I would have liked, but I ignored every possibility she was coming up with.
After that, I found my way to the closet- and before I knew it, I was distracted by white frilly underthings that lay neglected. The only rational thing was- no one was home, so Dylan couldn't walk in.

Thus, I hastily draped my clothes off, as I stood in front of the full length mirror, and pulled the complicated dress over my figure. After struggling just a bit, I managed to let it fit flawlessly around my curves, as I turned around, tightened the shoulder string, and took an up and down look at myself.

I didn't like the way it felt. It was suffocating and I asked myself why I even purchased this thing in the first place? It wasn't like it was ever going to be of any use.

Regardless, I let the cloth agonize my skin, as I focused on appreciating its good parts. It did make me feel attractive- if I ignored the shrinking waist size- it was actually pretty bewitching.

The lace did it's part in making my skin look toned, the push up did wonders in transforming the line I had into a decent curve, the silk cut just inches above the knees made my legs appear softer than ever, and I figured the overall appearance was definitely a seller for so many brands- this is the secret to making women spend thousands on things we can't even wear in public isn't it?