Chapter 29

"Fancy."

I observed as we drove into the driveway of the yellow lit seafood restaurant and turned to wait for the other car to move forward, before we could get off. It was different from the one I had been to when I first came here- this had a lot more glamor to it, while the other one had a simple face.

"I know, they all like that."

Dylan pitched in, loosening his grip on the wheel.

"Do you like it?" I asked, as I tilted my head towards him.

"Sometimes."

He smiled, as his fingers loosened their grip on the wheel, leaving me to stare in awe of how incredibly good he looked in formal attire. Everything from his suntanned eyes that caused a lump in my throat whenever they gazed into mine, to his warm lips that cushioned themselves around my tongue as though they could put me to sleep, his deep voice that sent tickles down my spine every time he uttered a singular word and his heated skin that felt like heaven when it came in contact with any part of me.

The intrusive thoughts raced in my mind, as I longed to have let my hormones takee control-earlier this afternoon, but after the security guard kicked us out, we spent the rest of the hours driving, which only left us with a limited amount of time back home. That time was also restricted due to my mother calling, and him having to wrap up things at his end. Regardless, here we were, and as I realized that I'd have to sit through an entire evening with us stationed in our limits.

"Listen, before we go inside. You know Alyssa right?"

"Yeah."

I uttered, bringing my mind back to reality.

"I don't know how to say this, but she and I have history- it was a one time thing, and we're friends now, but I just thought you should know beforehand, in case she says something. I'm sure she won't though, because she's in a relationship herself. But, I just don't want it to get uncomfortable or awkward for you."

He rambled out, as my lips gawked open and the carnal image that I was forming was now completely shattered.

"If you didn't want me to get uncomfortable you probably should not have mentioned it to me, 2 seconds before dinner."

I tried not to sound too envious as processed his load of information.

Alyssa? As in the drop dead attractive brunette that I had been working with side by side for an entire week?

"I'm sorry I just didn't want you to find out through someone else."

His honesty was genuine, but took me a minute as I struggled wrapping my head around his statements.

"I'm okay. I absolutely don't care." I fumbled, nervously cracking my knuckles together.

"I know you well enough to figure out when you're lying." He meandered the vehicle at the slowest speed possible, while I rubbed my index finger against my dry thumb in angst.

"I'm not lying. I'm just a little shocked."

My eyes brought up the courage to face him. It didn't matter to me. We all had exes, and if he said it was a one time thing and there was nothing more, then I believed him. It was just the timing- finding out right before having dinner with her- that's what ticked me off, as I wished I could walk inside without feeling the need to make comparisons.

"I'll take a turn." He twisted the wheel away from the valet, as I clutched his wrist, and felt his skin's heat rub against my palm.

"No Dylan. I'm okay. I promise."