Chapter 11

"Ready?" Dylan stood at the marble counter, with the keys to his Audi in his left hand, and his phone in his right.

"You tell me. Do I still look like a wreck?" I jeered, as I walked out in a soft white top, with a string tying its end, denim jeans and a foundation base patted on my face to conceal the breakouts my parched skin had accepted as if it were a norm.

"No. You look beautiful." He gave in, prompting me to open my mouth and oppose,

"That's not what you said 20 minutes ago."

"You really shouldn't let other people's opinions bother you. They could just be messing with your head." He stealthily admitted.

"So much for trust." I rubbed in, making him scoff.

"Shall we? Or do you want to quarrel first?"

"Don't make me sound like the irrational one." I argued.

"Do you see me doing anything?" He raised his eyebrow, as I gave him a stubborn glare.

"As a matter of fact, yes. You're acting a little too conceited."

"That's just me." He playfully grinned, as I made a mental note to not allow this to tick me off.

"Let's just hope it doesn't get on my nerves then." I hastily blinked, while asking, "Do you want to leave?"

"Ladies first." He led the way, as I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the apartment.

The door closed behind me, as he followed. After taking the stairs, we reached the Audi, but he didn't give me even a hint about where we were going. I just kept my fingers crossed on the fact that this wasn't a kidnapping of some sort- but was comforted with the notion that this was indeed Dylan, and there was no real motive for him to act like a serial killer.

"What's on your mind?" His voice broke my flow, as I shifted my gaze away from the view of sunlight drizzling across the buildings, to Dylan's features, as he so caressingly drove his treasured vehicle.

"Just the fact that you might be a psycho killer." I shamelessly conjured.

"And what led you to such a conclusion?"

"For starters- you're not telling me where we're going, and this is a foreign country, so there's no way I can find my way home even if I escape from you." I sighted, as I waited for him to add on to my ludocracy.

"Right. But, you could always ask someone for help- this is a foreign country, but the mode of language is English isn't it? Therefore, you really won't be facing as much of a hurdle after you've run away from my grasp."

"And if you take me someplace without any civilization?"I accused his intentions.

"Well, then that is just your bad luck." He humored, as I sunk back into my seat.

"Okay. Mystery guy, can I at least get a hint?"

"You are incredibly impatient." His shoulders dropped, as the car's pace grew slower.

"I wanted to take you on a tour. But instead of seeing all the monuments of London- which I will eventually show you, just not today- we instead, go to see my favorite places."

"That's thoughtful, yet conceited in a way." My tone grew slightly high-pitched, as I made that assessment.

"You can't learn a new word and use it in every sentence. It loses meaning."

"Okay. Then how about narcissism? Would that be a little more appropriate?" I joked, but it was his turn to look at me with an unfavorable glare.

"Only kidding. I'd love to see what you have to show me. Where to, first?" I apologetically spoke, as he gracefully parked the car across the road, and prompted me to hop off.