Chapter 33

~Blair~

My canine teeth chewed on the beech layered paintbrush as I ended up damaging the back tip of the walnut-shaded texture that it was coated with.

The dim light emitting through my phone screen portrayed that it was 6.05 am. The digital brightness, however, was nothing compared to the daylight that was striking from the casement windows of the lounge which fell at the perfect angle away from Dylan's face so he wouldn't get disturbed while he was sleeping.

It was Sunday and Dylan and I had fallen asleep on the floor carpet of the lounge- except, he had slept, while I was drugged with insomnia. Instead of wasting my time though, I utilized it by pulling out one of the canvases I had bought with Maya, as I began to doodle. The painting wasn't very good but it did keep my mind away from two very important things- Tyler still being in the city, and the short amount of time Dylan and I had left. Neither were topics I wanted to dive into, so I picked up my brush and painted abstract- since making caricatures was never my area of expertise- still, my abstract proved no better.

After about 50 minutes of critiquing every stroke my brush drew, I shoved the painting I had drawn, and blobbed a bottle of black paint on it, after which I transformed it into a typical 'galaxy illustration.'

Now, as I stared down at the mediocre art piece with my tongue circling around the brush and my teeth nibbling it's end like it was a straw, I realized my delusion of being an artease had reached its doom. Nevertheless, I allowed the frame to dry and set it aside on the counter, while I tiptoed to the kitchen sink and flushed down the gray water that I had used up.

Dylan had still not woken up, but my stomach had started to grumble as I longed for his cooking expertise to help me. Unfortunately, I was on my own. While I could prepare myself a toast or a cereal, I didn't want to. My mind was in a creative flow, and so I felt inclined to do something that required a little more effort.

My probing fingers delicately entered the maze of things that were kept inside the cabinet, that I soon realized were too complicated for me to put together. So, with an affront towards my incapabilities, I crouched down and bent my head into the fridge, where I took out a layer of brown toast and freshly ripe avocado, before realizing that I may as well attempt to cook one last meal for Dylan- hopefully it'll go well this time.

I kept my fingers crossed as I replicated his two egg omelet breakfast with a melted block of cheese drenched into it. Thankfully, there was no mess nor burning of things created this time, and I even whipped up iced coffee for the two of us- mine without sugar, while his drink was bathed in sweetener. After setting them all up on a wooden tray, I carried it to the floor and sat myself down, gave his head a little quiver, which caused his dreary eyes to slowly open.

"Good morning sleepyhead."

I timidly gave in, as he grumbled in his sleep.

"Get away."

He winced as his body turned to the side, making him crankily realize that he wasn't on his bed.

"Someones grumpy."

I taunted as I moved myself forward and wrapped my fingers around his cool neck, as he huffed.

"Someone's yummy."

His face instantly spiraled into a smile as my towering face moistened his breath against my lips.

"By the way I haven't brushed my teeth." He shooed while I rested my head into his chest.

"I don't care."

My insides fluttered as I felt on cloud nine, just laying next to him, with my thumb stroking his cheek, his eyes struggling to wake up as I gazed into them, loving every second of being able to call him mine.