Chapter 30

A hue of rays punctured through the gap in the blinds, forcing my half-slumbering anatomy to lift the silk pillow up and toss it over my face as I felt the comfort of the bedsheet rub against my bare skin.

My eyes flickered open as I gasped in confusion, before realizing the genesis of my current state. I tugged my head back into the mattress, with a twinkling smile rushing through my face as the same ecstatic breeze that I had felt the night before brushed over me, making me feel like paradise had dawned over me.

I couldn't recall much of what happened after twilight struck and our craving emotions finally consumed each other, except for the fact that I fell asleep into Dylan's arms and awoke in the middle of the night due to the exigencies of my bladder.

My finger tips crawled into Dylan's sleepy chest as I traced my steps back from the bathroom to the bed and with a kiss on his forehead, which he probably failed to notice, my exhausted eyes shut themselves again.

Now at approximately 9:58 am, I woke up to the coruscating waves of sun that acted as my alarm to get out of bed and not miss the compensating time I was told to give at the internship.

It took me a second to reality to sink in, but soon it did. My nose scrunched and I reluctantly slipped out to stretch my arms, only to notice that my legs were a lot more cramped than I would have expected them to be.

"Mhm."

My throat giggled, as I rolled out and rushed myself to the bathroom, where my eyes simped over the love bites his lips had carelessly left all over my chest. The red marks reached down to my inner thigh area, as I began to reminisce about the peculiar flavor his tongue had. It was almost sensational knowing his lips had sketched every inch of my body, and I couldn't help but relish at the taste he had left behind. It was also endearing knowing how I explored an entirely different side of him the other night. It made me feel complete- yet excited for more.

I nervously grabbed an oversized shirt from Dylan's matte layered closet and headed out to the kitchen without attempting to fix my heinous looking self. My throat was parched so I needed water, but I figured I'd find Dylan first.

"Dylan?"

I scratched my head as my eyes glanced around the empty room and to the untouched dishes. When he wasn't in the lounge, I checked my bedroom but he wasn't there either. I figured he had gone out, though I wasn't sure why- it was a Saturday so he couldn't possibly have any work.

Regardless, I poured myself a glass of water, and headed to fix myself some cereal. I was in the mood for waffles, but that was something he always treated me with, besides I had learnt my lesson of burning down the kitchen. So, I lifted the overflowing bowl of milk and fiber and carried it back to his room, where I flopped my legs on the wooden floor and sat in a criss-cross position.

I located my phone from under my tossed dress and scrolled through any unread messages I may have. As usual, there were none that were important, besides Lexi's and the never ending group notifications that I didn't bother opening. There were also a couple texts from my mom- that was something I immediately responded to.

My teeth crunched the coco pops while my fingers meaninglessly saved aesthetic pins to my Pinterest board, even though I knew that I was never going to look back on them. Regardless, half an hour into wasting my time I decided to pick myself up and saunter to the kitchen sink where I made sure to wash the used up bowl and then cleanse my own body in the bathroom shower.

'Where are you?'

I got out of the bath and dropped Dylan a text after ringing his cell twice and not getting a reply. He knew I had to be at the school building in less than 15 minutes didn't he? I contemplated on whether I or not even reminded him of that noteworthy detail?