nine

The handcuffs were took off me by a reluctant and annoyed officer Mills

The handcuffs were took off me by a reluctant and annoyed officer Mills. Onyx stuck his tongue out at him and started to walk out only to be dragged back by his collar. Ace glared and he cleared his throat awkwardly, smiling innocently at the cop.

"The charges are trespassing, vandalism and underage drinking. Usually we'd assign them 168 hours of community service-" Mills began and horror crossed Hadley's face.

"But my nails. They're too pretty to be used to plant boring flowers and clean rubbish up." She sniffed, gazing longingly at her pink glittery nails.

Dante rolled his eyes and turned back to the officer.

"I'm sure we can compromise, after all, I've invested a lot into this department." He said, drumming his fingers on his arm, sending Mills a knowing look.

"I'm aware of that, but they need to be punished accordingly. A week of community service should be enough." We were all shocked at that. Usually they would drop the subject if our brothers had invested money into the company.

Even Dante was taken back but frowned.

"To be honest I think we could shorten it to three days."

"Unfortunately I won't be able to do that. A week at the least.

"Now you see-"

CHAOS

Dante and officer Mills argued for at least another twenty minutes on the matter before we were stuck with six days of community service starting in the morning.

I'm never drinking again.

"Just wait until next time we go out, we'll raise chaos and see what they do about it then." Onyx scoffed, sending the thirty year old cop a glare. We all laughed at him and walked out of the station.

A thought hit me.

I'll be eighteen tomorrow and doing community service. Good times. I'm joking, I mean, fuck sake.

"We're gonna head to this small cafe, do you want to come?" Hallie asked, gesturing to the car.

I shared a look with Asrael before we both nodded, climbing in along with Wyatt, Hadley, Damon and Nikolai. Riven started driving and within five minutes we were at Cafe León.

"I'll order, what's everyone having?" Riven asked. We gave him our orders before heading to the corner booth and sliding in. Damon and Nikolai pulled some chairs from the other table so we could all sit together.

Random topics came up in the conversation until Riv came back with a slightly confused and suspicious expression.

"Vic there's someone asking for you. Apparently he knows you or something." He told me and I glanced at the counter but there was only a middle aged woman.