twenty two

Asrael Furore

Asrael Furore

We were too late and now, she was fighting for her life not even knowing that we came for her.

I ran my thumb over her hand, waiting. Because waiting was all any of us could do. The doctors told us she had lost a significant amount of blood and needed a transfusion. Luckily for us, Damon had the same blood type and didn't waste any time. So now Vic was stable.

I sighed, remembering that eight months ago we were in this same position after the fight with Blaze. I hoped she would wake up soon but when she did, what would I tell her?

What would I say if she couldn't remember what happened? I couldn't just come out with the fact that our kids were taken.

Wyatt and Hadley were asleep on the other chair next to her while Damon and Nikolai were standing a little behind them, leaning back against the wall. Hallie and Riven had gone to get everyone a change of clothes and some coffees. The others were all outside or trying to find out where the triplets were taken.

Victoria jolted in the hospital bed, just before the monitor that was beeping rhythmically, flatlined.

Wyatt and Hadley were up in a second as soon as the doctors came in to escort us out. I didn't want to leave her but I knew I had to let them do what they needed to get her back.

I ran a hand through my hair and began pacing outside as I continued to wait for news. Wyatt and Hadley were hugging each other while Nikolai was stopping Damon from punching everything.

It felt like hours before the doctors finally came out of her room with small smiles on their faces.

"She's awake and breathing on her own now." The main doctor nodded at all us before we rushed in to see her.

Vic caught my eye first and I wrapped my arms around her tightly, never wanting to let go of her again. I was soon pushed away though so Wyatt and Damon could hug her before Hallie and Hadley did. All that time she was trying to say something that just kept getting muffled by everyone. When the others were finally done, she sucked in a breath.

"Where are they?" Vic asked, eyes glassy.

I gulped at the question, not knowing what to answer. My eyes glazed over as well, the reality hitting me hard.

Alex walked in, noticing my hesitation and hugged Victoria before stepping away and sighing.

"Vic, Jonathan...he took them." Alex spoke slowly, trying to keep his voice calm to reassure her that we would find them.

I pulled her into another hug as she started sobbing, ignoring my own tears that seemed to never end. I didn't know how long we stayed like that, but it was long enough for the exhaustion to pull her into a sleep.

"What about Thackery and his brother?" Damon asked as we walked outside of her room. I stayed by her door, making sure that she wasn't going anywhere.

"Jonathan took them as well, I don't even know if they're alive." Alex placed the back of his hand on his forehead, looking more stressed than before.

"Az." I opened the door and saw Vic sitting up as best as possible. I helped her get comfortable and sat down next to her while the others talked.

"We need to find them, the six-" My eyes widened at the number.

"What do you mean six?" I asked, my voice barely audible.

"Thackery, Zayden and our babies. I didn't have triplets Az." My breath hitched after finally registering what she told me and I was still.

The door opened again and everyone walked in, including Rowan and Greyson who rushed over with food in their hands. Rowan initiated a group hug and we latched on to one another, silently agreeing to what Alex was about to say.

"We'll find them Vic, and we won't stop looking until we do."