twenty four

Asrael Furore

Asrael Furore

Sixteen years later...

I sighed, filing some more documents and signing off on some different contracts before resting my head on the desk. Day in, day out, sign things, file things and go home.

It was routine. I couldn't change it even if I wanted to.

My phone started ringing and I rolled my eyes, picking it up from my desk and continuing to write things down with it pressed to my ear.

"Asrael Furore?" Someone asked. Probably just another call for business.

"Speaking." I blew out a breath and stood up, walking to the window to look out on the city.

"I'm officer Hayes from the Missouri Police Department. We've recently had to deal with a case involving four children whose legal guardian just died. After running their DNA through the database we've discovered that you are their biological father. Could you take custody of them?" The voice was wavering, obviously the person was nervous.

The phone slipped from my hand as I took in the news, clattering against the marble floor. My lips were parted in shock as I just stood still in shock.

Four children? Legal guardian?

"Hello? Mr. Furore?" I gulped, coming back to my senses and picked up the phone while exhaling a shaky breath.

"Yes, I'm here. The legal guardian, who is it? Was it?" I tried to hide the anger in my voice, subconsciously knowing who had been taking care of them all these years.

"We have him down in the system as Jonathan Zarrelli." The officer told me and I heard some grumbles in the background.

My blood boiled at the name but I had to breathe, find out what happened.

"I didn't know he had died." I thought over my words before glancing up from the floor.

Officer Hayes cleared his throat nervously, "Well, the body was...mutulaited and pretty unrecognizable so the coroner had to take some time to identify it as Zarrelli."

What the fuck? I didn't know anyone could actually get close enough to kill Jonathan. Whoever did, I wouldn't want to be in a room with them. Especially it that is how they killed him.

"Oh, that's...sad. I'll take full custody of the kids though and I'll be there to pick them up from the station tomorrow." I tried to sound as normal as possible about it and went back to my desk, shrugging my blazer on.

"Of course, I'll send you the papers and you can fill them out before sending us them back." Wherever Hayes was, it was obvious he didn't want to be there and actually sounded more than ready to get my kids out of his sight.

I shook my head at the thought and replied before hanging up and sitting dowm, checking my emails already.

Vic and I are finally getting to see our kids again. I don't doubt they will feel some resentment towards us if they don't know what happened but I hope they grew up well. Hopefully we can keep the person that killed Jonathan away from them and us.

More thoughts entered my mind but I focused on the best one.

Maybe they're just nice and innocent kids, like we wanted.

Hope you enjoyed the final chapter and the next update will have all the information for the fourth book!

Yes, I decided to make another book for their children. If you decide to check it out when I publish it, I really hope you enjoy reading!

Love you guys! ♡