thirteen

I pushed the food on my plate around with a bored look, my emotions were everywhere

I pushed the food on my plate around with a bored look, my emotions were everywhere. I didn't know if I was happy or sad. I was just confused at the moment.

"Vic?" I glanced up at the sound of my name, looking at Alex who was speaking.

I nodded for him to continue and he did, "We need to attend a gala tonight. For the other mafias and small ones to see how everything is going. There will be one at the end of every month till the year is over." He told me and I just nodded again before taking a bite of my pizza and getting lost in my thoughts.

"Do you think she's depressed?" I heard Wyatt whisper to Damon and get slapped upside the head by Hadley who cursed at him.

He chucked a piece of his food at her but she caught in her mouth and smiled at him before resuming her conversation with Hallie.

Kenzie sent me a reassuring smile from the other end of the table and I sent her back a small one.

"Well, everyone should start getting ready. It's six and we have to be there by seven." Almost everyone dropped their cutlery before rushing to get upstairs and tripping over each other.

Hallie and Hadley pulled me into their room when I finally dragged myself upstairs and told Asrael to go away while we have girl talk. They sat me down on the bed, folding their arms and looking at me expectantly.

"What's up with you? Something's definitely wrong because you haven't laughed at any of the idiotic jokes Wyatt has said in the last hour." Hadley frowned and her twin nodded in agreement.

I led down on the bed, puffing my cheeks out and staring at the ceiling.

"I'm pregnant."

Within a second the twins started squealing and jumping around like giddy school girls saying, "I'm gonna be the best aunt ever."

I sat up, looking blankly at them and they stopped.

"You're not happy about this?" Hallie asked, her brows creasing.

I sighed, "It's not that, I'm really happy even if it doesn't seem like it. I just- I don't know what to do. What about my brothers? I can barely take care of myself let alone a baby. Hell, what if Asrael is angry?" They came to sit next to me on the bed, side hugging me.

"Your brothers are your brothers. If you decide to keep it then it'll take some time to get used to but they'll be fine in the end. Also, there's no handbook to being a parents, you just have to learn along the way. About Asrael, I'm sure he'll be ecstatic. Even if he isn't would you really choose a man over your own kid?" Hadley explained with a small but kind smile on her face as she spoke.

I shook my head, "Of course I wouldn't. It's all just new and I don't know when I should tell him."

Hallie rubbed my shoulder in a reassuring manner, "Tell him when you're ready. Just don't leave it too long."