ten

The next day at school passed by uneventfully until it was time to do our community service at the fairground

The next day at school passed by uneventfully until it was time to do our community service at the fairground. Phoebe wasn't in to exact her revenge so that was a plus.

"How long is the drive?" Kade asked, stepping into the car and we followed suit, closing the doors softly behind us.

"An hour to get there and then it lasts until six so we'll only get back at seven." Hallie told us as Riven started the car up.

Fantastic. We might be able to get some candy from the machines though so there's that.

Wyatt started belting out the songs that came on the radio, joined by Helios and soon everyone decided to participate. Fair enough we sounded like pigs trying to sing but oh well.

CHAOS

"Rule one, Onyx, don't get us into anymore trouble than normal." Hadley voiced all our thoughts, grabbing the litter picker up and pointing it at him.

He nodded, pulling at the tacky ribbon we had to wear to show we weren't there for fun.

"This doesn't go with my complexion. Can you see? It washes me out." He complained, checking himself in the pocket mirror I was pretty sure was mine.

We just laughed and Maddox dragged him outside where officer Mills showed up in front of us, a serious expression on his face.

"There's not much to it. You just have to pick up every piece of litter for the next week." I looked around and my eyes widened.

"That's like, ten acres of land to cover." I stated and he just glanced away before turning back with a smile.

"Fifteen actually but good luck." And then he left.

We all shared a look with eachother before heading off to get the job done as quickly as possible. I raked the litter aside and Asrael used the picker to drop it in the garbage bag.

From a distance I could see Onyx riding the carousel and Maddox joining him only to be pulled off by the security guards. Haldey seemed displeased as a little kid ran past, accidentally dropping his milkshake on her shoes.

In the next hour and a half Asrael and I had managed to cover around two acres. Damon had managed to tell at least six people to fuck off so there was nothing new there. Wyatt disappeared for ten minutes before we saw him on one of the roller coasters with Helios, Onyx and Maddox. They were also dragged off by guards when they reached the ground again.

When the two hours were finally up we had somehow managed to clear all fifteen acres of litter and Mills looked annoyed he couldn't make us stay longer.

"Guys, over here." Onyx called and we followed him to gate that had a clear sign on saying No Tresspassing. Onyx didn't seem to mind though as he hopped over before anyone could drag him back.