twenty

Damon Hunt

Damon Hunt

The tenth punching bag this week broke and I clenched my jaw. Now I had to go get another one from the basement and hook it up.

"Damon," I turned around at the sound of my name and scowled at Adrian who was leaning against the doorframe. "We have another lead."

I grabbed my shirt from the side and put it on, bumping my shoulder against Adrian's hard. He stumbled back and glared at me but nevertheless followed me to the office where everyone was nowadays.

I pushed the door open and walked in, standing at the side of the room. Alex looked sick, he had dark bags under his eyes and every movement seemed to take more of his energy.

"Alexander, you need to go get some sleep." Dante sighed, placing a hand on his shoulder which he just shrugged of and shook his head.

"No. We have to find-" Dante cut him off.

"We will find her, but you're not going to be much help if you collapse during the mission." That seemed to finally knock some sense into him and he nodded, heading out of the room and going upstairs.

"So, what's the lead?" Creed asked and Dante looked around.

"Where's Asrael?" We all glanced around, noticing he wasn't here like always.

Where the fuck is this asshole?

"Last time I saw him he was nursing split knuckles, a black eye and glaring at everyone who came within a meter of him." Riven told us and I rolled my eyes.

"Didn't he have split knuckles last week?" Wyatt questioned from his spot in the armchair next to Alex's desk.

"He has split knuckles every month Wy." Hadley sighed before realising what she said and looking down at the floor.

Every month. Every month my sister has been gone.

I didn't wait for anyone to say anything else, instead storming out of the room and putting my shoes on before leaving. I slid into Adrian's car seeing as mine was at the garage and opened the gates before exiting the driveway and onto the road.

I put the place I was going to in the gps and tightened my grip on the steering wheel until my knuckles turned white. Everyone had been searching non stop for the past four months and each one of us was getting angsty.

When I finally reached the warehouse I knew someone would be at, I parked Adrian's car and stepped out, checking I had my knives on me before walking in.

While everyone was looking directly for Victoria, the twins had searched for any leads on the person we were certain took her from school. They said and I quote, "don't do anything drastic". I wasn't being drastic, I was doing what I always did.

After waltzing in like I was a part of this gang I searched around for the familiar blonde.

No security, how disappointing.