twenty three

Third Person

Third Person

They kept their promise.

Every single person in the five mafia families, even after their year together, searched for Asrael and Victoria's children. Only, with every step they took closer to finding them, they went two steps back.

Nine months after that day, Wyatt and Hadley welcomed their son into the world followed by Nikolai and Damon who adopted one year old Vaughn.

Alexander was married to Carlotta Devora and from there, the new heir to the American mafia was born. Zane found a girlfriend who loved music just as much as him and soon had twins on the way.

All the while, the search continued even though it was becoming obvious after the fourth year that the quadruplets wouldn't be found unless Jonathan had become tired or they found their own way back to their parents.

Victoria and Asrael hadn't drifted apart like most people expected, they just got closer. After the fifth year passed, Asrael asked Victoria to marry him on the eiffel tower and obviously, she said yes.

The ceremony took place in Cali and everyone was present at the event. Besides the fact that their children were missing, everything was perfect. They tried never to let it show that it bothered them and instead tried to be hopeful. But with time, the hope dwindled.

Word spread of Adrian's betrayal to the family and he was killed by Jonathan's own son for reasons unknown.

Sofia was killed by Greyson after she tried to kill Rowan and their son grew up with the aspiration to become a police officer like his dad.

More years passed and rumors circulated in their world about the quadruplets. No one knew if they were true but everyone in the family paid attention to them.

The eldest boy was rumored to be psychotic and bloodthirsty, having grown up with Jonathan as his mentor. The second boy was said to be a genius and didn't really get involved with the killing side of the business. The third was more of the jokester between the siblings and the girl apparently had traits of them all but was more lenient and calm.

They were just rumors though. At least, that was what Asrael and Victoria told themselves. Asrael never wanted his children to have to do what he did and Victoria never wanted her kids to go through what she did when she was younger.

The rumors all had evidence surrounding them though and after Damon took a job in Italy, it was obvious the eldest was far from a saint. When he dug deeper into the matter and tried to trace the four of them, he came back with nothing.

It seemed every year came back with three things, happiness, sadness and anger. But no long lost children.

After twelve years, Victoria was pregnant again and birthed a boy who was practically the mirror image of his father. It seemed as though everything was going better for them, until their life fell apart again.

It was a vicious cycle of ups and downs that never seemed to last too long but the impact from them was enormous. Everyone tried to avoid feeling the emotions that were brought along with them, but they were inevitable. Chaos seemed to follow everywhere they went and in the end they were just left as a fragmented family.

Broken and seemingly unable to repair.

Until, after almost seventeen years, they received a call.