28

*Deniya's P.O.V*

I couldn't go to sleep so I decided to go home in the middle of the night. 3:45 to be exact. I left a note and went home. When I got home I saw police and an ambulance. I try to run inside but Officer Scott was holding me back. I ended up pushing pass him and running in. When I got in Officer Scott pulled me out right away.

"Officer Scott what happened"I said trying not to cry

"Things"Officer Scott said pushing me toward his car. He locked me in there right when they were rolling out a body on a strecher. I looked to see my mom on the stretcher. I try to get out of the car but it is locked. I ended up climbing into the front and got out.

"MOM"I yell

"Deniya get back"Officer Scott said

"No get away from me"I said trying to push him off and crying.

"You have to stay back"Officer Scott said

"That's my mom"I said crying and knowing I wouldn't get pass him

"It will be okay Deniya"Officer Scott said hugging me. Two other cops coming out the house with my dad in hand cuffs. I just drop to the ground crying. Officer Scott picked me up bridle style got a blanket from the ambulance and put me in his car.

"I'll be right back"Officer Scott said kissing my head.

*Officer Scott's P.O.V*

It killed me seeing Deniya like this. Ever since that night when her parents got a divorce she fell apart. I put Deniya in the car and went to tell my partner that I was taking her to the hospital. I got back to the car and saw that Deniya was still awake.

"You hungry"I asked and she just shook her head no

"Then do you have anywhere to go" I asked and she shook her head no again.

"Okay"I said starting the car.

*Deniya's P.O.V*

Officer Scott seemed to care a lot for me for some reason and I just didn't know why but I wanted to. When we parked into the hospital I jumped out of the car and into the hospital with Officer Scott behind me. The women told me what room she was in and I ran right to it. When I got in I looked at my mom and saw she was hooked up to some machine.

"Ummm Miss are you her daughter" the doctor said

"Y-yes"I chocked out

"Is your dad here"he asked

"No I don't know where he's at"I said with tear filled eyes.

"I'm here"Officer Scott said

*Officer Scott's P.O.V*

"Is your dad here"the doctor asked Deniya

"No I don't know where he's at"Deniya said with tear filled eyes

"I'm here"I said

"Is this your dad"he asked Deniya

"No but I'm a legall guardian her"I said. I looked at Deniya and say the confusion mixed with the sadness in her eyes.

"Okay I will need to have a few words with you out in the hall"the doctor said walking out in the hall.

"Is she going to be okay"I asked

"We don't know yet she's in a coma and we won't know anything till she wakes up"the doctor said with no emotion

"Okay thank you"I said and walked back in the room.

"Mom please wake up I can't live without you mom please wake up please"Deniya said crying. I walk over to her and hug Deniya.

*Deniya's P.O.V*