022

╔═══════封印═══════╝

╔═══════
封印
═══════╝

"suguru!"

the dark-haired male hesitantly spun around as he could recognize that voice anywhere.

"may I help you, kiyo?", the male sweetly asked, though the girl was not pleased in the slightest.

"why did you kill them?", she asked, her breath shaky as everything had changed after the incident.

getō was tasked by the higher ups to kill the two half-demons that were apparently causing havoc for a village.

though instead of completing the assignment, the dark-haired male had massacred the entire village and saved the two half-demons instead.

getō's fake smile dropped as he neared the girl, to which the two had stood in the middle of the crowded market — where the couple would always shop for groceries when they went over for dinner at getō's, with the male's parents.

"you know why", he answered.

"I want to hear it from you", kiyo said, her voice barely above a whisper.

getō hesitated. he couldn't bare seeing kiyo so distraught and broken. her glossy eyes and rosy pink nose; her slightly quivering lips as she tried to keep on a neutral facade.

he had to remind himself that it was for her.

"people are weak...and not all of them are worth protecting. they need to evolve and stop hiding under other people's shadows. they need to stop depending on others and blaming people like us when they die because of their own incompetence to save themselves from the demons", getō explained.

"they need to stop burdening you, my dear kiyo. you should be able to live your life as you wish. we should live free together without carrying the duty of protecting others and feeling guilt when we fail to do so", getō softly hummed, tucking a strand of hair back for kiyo as she just stood there with a tear cascading down her cheek.

"please just stay with me suguru...I don't need freedom. I'm okay as long as you're with me...", the girl whimpered out, to which a few villagers had stopped and stared, making getō pull the girl into a tight embrace.

his lips were placed on the top of the miko's head, meanwhile his hushed tone calmed the girl's shaking body.

"you might be okay with this, but I'm not. change needs to take place and I'm willing to do anything for a stronger future; for us. I promise I'll be back and when I am, we'll get married like promised".