-nine-

"well you look terrible." daniel commented as jonah trudged into the studio. his elbow still hurt from slamming it against the coffee table, his hair was a bit of a mess from sleeping, and his shoulders sank in a slouch.

"shut up." jonah grumbled taking a sip of the coffee jayda had made him. he collapsed on the couch and closed his eyes. he had messed up.

why would jayda like him? a weird musician from minnesota who loves harry potter and coffee. she was sweet and naïve, yet educated and tough. she was perfect.

the band mates began writing a song, but jonah couldn't get the deaf girl off his mind.

-

meanwhile, jayda still sat against her door and fiddled with the paper. she did like jonah, truly she did. but something had stopped her.

"you do know this was all a joke right?"

"w-what?" jayda's lip trembled hearing those words. ryker stood in front of her, almost disgusted.

"you think i actually like you?" he scoffed. "no. i don't. no one likes you." he poked her shoulder forcefully with a finger. "this was all a joke. kim and chloe set this up, and you fell for it. stupid deaf." tears rushed down jayd's cheeks. she didn't even try to wipe them away.

"boohoo, i honestly think i've seen trash that looks better." chloe laughed and the group of three walked away, leaving jayda broken.

jayda knew she couldn't get broken like that again. the first time hurt to much. if it happened again, she might as well die.

-

"yo, so, i was thinking." daniel started with a small smirk forming on his lips.

"i'm going to ignore you until you wipe that smirk off your face." jonah grumbled. daniel rolled his eyes, but obliged. "okay. proceed."

"now i don't even want to."

"fine with me." jonah shrugged.

"grumpy pants." daniel teased.

"okay just tell me if you're going to keep talking." jonah finally sat up and turned his attention to the fake blonde. he was very grumpy, and needed some alone time. however, daniel had something else in mind.

"so. jayda." the younger started. jonah groaned and leaned back into the couch. now was not the time. "just listen." jonah rolled his eyes but did. "you should ask her out, and then you and her and me and her friend could go on like a double date. except not a double date because i'm staying single for a while. but. yeah. you should."

jonah's eyebrows slightly rose as he contemplated the idea. it was somewhat brilliant. but. jayda already rejected him. she wouldn't go on a date with him. even if daniel and kendra were there.

-

jonah cleared his throat. he sat in his car  outside the diner and nervously tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. he had gotten jayda's number from kendra, and was now about to text her.

'do you want to go on a date with me?' he typed. no. too simple. after erasing it he started again.

'so i was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?' jonah started. 'it would be like a double date, kind of, with my friend daniel and kendra along. except daniel is staying single so not really a double date? and i'm really sorry about earlier.'

he pressed send, hoping for the best.

-

eek this chapter was kinda all over the place

i was gonna have franiel in it...but then i decided that this would work better so yeah.

✌︎︎➪