-two-

jonah's jaw dropped as the girl walked over to their table. she was still tying on her apron, and, when she reached them, she tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear.

"what can i get you today?" she asked quietly. jonah quickly closed his mouth as jayda looked towards him. daniel smirked and looked over his menu, waiting for his friend to order.

"i'll have um a cup of coffee, three pancakes, and two pieces of bacon please."  jonah spoke, after a few moments of stuttering. jayda read his lips and wrote it down. she then turned to daniel.

"i'll have that too, except apple juice instead of coffee please." he spoke. "and could i get your name for my friend here?" he smirked. jonah's face turned a deep red, as well as jayda's.

"j-jayda." the girl stuttered, not meeting either of their eyes. jonah couldn't take his gaze off of jayda, her shy personality drawing him in. she then walked away, towards the kitchen and gave the chef their orders. 

jonah was still flustered when she came back with his coffee and daniel's apple juice. jayda was as well. the girl turned to leave and serve other customers quickly.

"jonah's got a crushhh!" daniel teased, reaching over the table and poking the brunettes shoulder.

"cut it out." jonah frowned. he was still grumpy, and very hungry. daniel chuckled and took a sip of his juice box. jonah's gaze trailed back over to jayda, and he watched her while she worked.

her long brown hair kept falling from behind her ear, so she secured it back in a low messy bun. jonah smiled as he watched her every move.

eventually, jayda came back. she had their plates full of food in her hands. she carefully set them down, being sure not to spill anything.

"thank you." jonah and daniel said in unison. jayda nodded after reading jonah's lips, and hardly giving the younger boy a glance.

"can i get you anything else?"

"no thank you." jonah replied. jayda nodded again and left, heading to another table.

"just ask for her number!" daniel said with a mouthful of bacon and syrup. jonah shook his head and politely swallowed the food in his mouth before speaking.

"that's rude! and besides she probably has a boyfriend and doesn't like me!" he shook his head again.

"your loss." daniel shrugged and kept eating. after a few minutes, kendra walked up to their table.

"are you enjoying your food?" the boys both nodded, and swallowed before answering.

"yeah it's delicious!"

"and the waitress is hot, at least he thinks so." daniel added, laughing. jonah's face turned a bright red, and he hid it in his hands.

"jayda?" kendra tilted her head slightly.

"mhm." daniel nodded once and took another sip of apple juice. "but she never really makes eye contact, which is weird." he frowned.

"oh. um. jayda's deaf."

-

sorry it's been so long since i updated
i've been busy and stuff :)
have a nice day!