-twelve-

a dark blush covered jayda's cheeks, but she nodded. both of them slowly leaned in, their lips meeting gently, for a second time.

with a smirk, jonah grabbed the girl's waist and threw her over his shoulder, running into the water. jayda squealed and laughed, kicking her legs. she was not expecting jonah to do that.

he threw her into the cool ocean water, diving in himself. the two emerged back above the surface, both laughing.

"i hate you." jayda spoke, wiping the water from her now wet face. a smile still showed her bright teeth, so she was obviously joking.

jonah was silent for a moment and rubbed his palms together nervous. his heart was beating so fast and loud, he figured jayda could hear it above the sound of the waves. after a moment, he finally looked up at her.

"i-i love you." he stuttered quietly. jayda's eyes slightly widened after seeing what his lips said.

"y-you do?" she said breathlessly. a small, brief nod came from jonah.

"i do. or i-i don't?" he frowned a little not understanding her reaction. the smile returned to jayda's face.

"i love you jonah." she whispered, a grin appearing on his face as well. jonah cupped the girl's soft cheeks and kissed her hard and passionately.

their lips danced together, listening to the music of the waves and wind. jayda's arms wrapped around jonah's neck as his hands traveled down to her waist.

the two kissed for a few more minutes as timber continued to run around on the shore chasing seagulls. they were interrupted by a large wave crashing over them, making them stumble and fall under the water.

"jayjay?" jonah asked after they resurfaced and finished laughing. the girl turned her attention towards him as he gently grabbed her hand. she liked the feeling of his calloused hands against her smooth ones.

"yeah?" jayda answered with a big smile.

"will you be my girlfriend?" jonah was no longer nervous around her, and felt at home. jayda nodded, her grin growing even bigger.

she knew she was probably rushing into this way too fast, but she couldn't help but trust jonah. he seemed so so genuine, kind, and honest. jayda knew she loved him.

-

jonah dropped jayda off at her apartment, and sat in the car for a while, thinking about the day. a stupid smile still played on his lips.

in her apartment, jayda sat at her island counter and played with the three rings on her fingers. she was zoned out, thinking back to highschool again.

everyone became silent as jayda walked into the cafeteria that day. their mouth's had stopped moving and they were all staring at her. chloe and kimberly had probably spread a few disgusting rumors, destroying any friendships she might have had.

jayda walked out the door, not even caring about missing class. however, instead of walking straight to her car, she nodded was stopped by kimberly once again.

"leaving already?" the girl smirked. "maybe check e-bay. they might have a life for sale."

jayda's eyes didn't leave her pink lips, abosrbing every single word. she believed them too.

tears poured down jayda's cheeks, real nightmares flooding back into her mind. she hated those years, and only wanted to forget them.

-

lolol it's been a while

✌︎︎➪