-thirteen-

the diner was extremely busy, people coming in every few minutes. all the tables but one were full. it didn't help that they were low on staff, as kendra was visiting her family.

jayda rushed around taking orders and delivering food and beverages to tables. jonah sat on a bar stool at the counter, watching her with a smile.

"jonah please don't watch me." jayda was flustered as she poured him some more coffee, overwhelmed by everything. the anxiety that she excelled at hiding was starting to show through, and she did not want him to see it. jonah nodded looking down, and went on his phone as she continued working.

a few tables cleared out, allowing jayda to calm down for a moment. however, that didn't last long. just when she was staring to catch her breath, in walked kimberly and chloe.

"jayda, can you get them?" her coworker, david, asked passing by on the way to serve brunch to an elderly couple. she slowly nodded, approaching the table they had just chosen. her hand started to shake violently as she pulled her notepad and pen out of her apron pocket.

"w-what can i get y-you?" jayda's words came out shakily as her chin trembled.

"um french toast, with a bowl of fresh fruit, yogurt, and coffee." chloe ordered a few of the most expensive things on the small menu. it wasn't very pricey, but chloe always had the best. "does that come with any added sugar?" jayda slightly shook her head a small, weak 'no' sounded from her lips.

chloe nodded closing up her menu, and kimberly ordered. instead of handing jayda the menus, she purposely dropped them on the floor. the brunette waitress slowly bent down to pick them, trying not to let the other two see her shaking hands.

"whoops!" kimberly exclaimed with a nasty giggle as she knocked her water over. the cold liquid ran off the surface and onto jayda's back and head. leaving her soaking.

she gasped and quickly stood up, bumping her head on the table. her face scrunched up in pain and disgust.

"you know what?" jayda whispered, quickly becoming angry. her face turned red with fury. as she slammed her notepad and pen down on the table. this gained the restaurant's attention, and jonah looked up watching his girlfriend.

"what's that? couldn't hear you." kimberly and chloe smirked, waiting for her to do something. jayda tore off her apron and slammed it down as well.

"i am sick of you two." she spat. saying nothing else, she took the other water off the table and poured it in chloe's lap, and slapped kimberly's cheek. she left the diner, leaving everybody, including jonah speechless.

after everyone went back to their business, the customers eating, kimberly and chloe storming out, and the waiters serving, jonah realized jayda had left timber behind. she needed him. if she didn't have her service dog, she wouldn't know if a car was coming or something else bad was going to happen.

he rushed out of the restaurant as well with timber on a leash, and turned left following the dead girl.

-

i don't actually know what i was thinking for this chapter but uh here

✌︎︎➪