-sixteen-

"hey cutie!" a black haired girl came up to jonah, gently drawing shapes on his chest. she was obviously drunk and he could smell the tequila on her breath. "come dance with me!"

before he could say no, jonah was dragged to the dance floor by the girl, and surrounded by sweaty people. the floor was shaking from them jumping to the beat, bumping into him from every direction.

"i'm going to get a drink!" jonah yelled to the girl. he just wanted to escape from that area of the club. the girl didn't even hear him, but he squeezed through the crowd and to the bar.

it was much quieter over there, mostly guys feeling sorry for themselves, and getting wasted on whiskey or beer. he ordered a drink, and sat there, thinking.

he couldn't understand why jayda would do something like that. she was a sweet girl, with a big heart. there must have been history between her and the two other girls, as this was the second time she reacted oddly.

he shook his head not knowing what to do, and finished his drink. pushing through the crowd, he searched for daniel. jonah found his friend at the bar at the other end of the building, getting drinks. he was already drunk.

"hey jo!" he spoke, extending the 'o' in jonah's nickname.

"let's go buddy." he took the drinks out of daniel's hands, placing them back on the counter, and led him out of the restaurant. daniel pouted as the uber jonah called arrived, and the two left the club.

-

jonah went to the diner the next morning, hoping to see jayda. he entered and sat at his usual spot, but didn't see her rushing around like she regularly did each morning.

instead of jayda coming to take his order, a new waitress did. every time someone came out of the kitchen, he looked up and expected it to be her. but it never was.

"hey, um, could i speak to kendra?" he asked as the waitress filled up his coffee mug. she nodded and went to the back. a few minutes later, kendra walked up to his booth, and sat across from him. she sighed as jonah looked up.

"you're probably wondering what even happened huh?" she looked at him. he nodded and gave her his full attention.

kendra explained everything. how jayda was bullied by kimberly and chloe in high school, and how they never would stop bothering her. he frowned listening closely. he couldn't believe people would treat someone as sweet as honey as bad as that.

"and so she got fired." kendra finished the explanation.

"why would she do something like that though. why didn't she just ignore them?" he was beginning to understand.

"things seem more aggressive and pointed to jayda. and you need to remember jonah, it's not her fault she can't hear."

-

i'm actually updating more than just once a month
crazyyyyyy

✌︎︎➪