-nineteen-

jonah drove to the small warehouse near the oceanfront, where he had a special place set up. he parked outside, and then turned to jayda.

"would you put a blindfold on? or not?" he raised an eyebrow and bit his lip. since jayda was deaf, he didn't know how she would feel about only having three senses.

"sure." jayda nodded and smiled softly, to reassure the brunette. jonah returned the smile and got out of his car. he opened her door again, letting timber out as well.

after jayda got out, jonah stood behind her. he gently tied the strip of black cloth on the back of her head, leaving a very soft kiss. a blush covered jayda's cheeks, but quickly faded as jonah led her inside the building.

he walked very slowly with her, his arm around her shoulders guiding her. the last thing he wanted was for her to trip and fall, getting hurt.

jonah cautiously led her through the warehouse, the clanging of buoys ringing through the air. the wind was a little chilly from the wind off the ocean, but jonah had prepared for that. he had a stack of blankets and pillows next to the area that was set up.

the boy gently rubbed jayda's back, letting her know they were going to sit down. after helping her sit, he slowly took off her blindfold. as her blue eyes adjusted to the candles and fairy lights, her jaw dropped.

around them were about a hundred candles, tons of flowers, a few strings of fairy lights, pillows, blankets, and some snacks. the view of the water from inside the warehouse was gorgeous, the metal doors also decorated with flowers.

her eyes memorized the space, taking in every little detail. jonah's eyes were glued on jayda, as she looked around. he gently tapped her leg, getting her attention.

jonah handed jayda a small note, similar to the ones he had given to her at the diner. very similar. she slowly opened it, revealing another pickup line.

"i'm pretty good at math, and according to my calculations, you're my other half." it read. a genuine smile formed on her lips as she read it and tucked it away in her pocked and a light blush covered her cheeks.

jonah's thumb pushed up jayda's head, so she looked at him. the two made eye-contact, but as jonah began to speak her eyes watched his lips.

"i love you jayda, i really do. and i want to be with you, but, i need your help, jayjay. i need you to want it too. we both have to put effort into this relationship to make it work, and i'm willing. are you?" he asked with slight pauses in between.

a moment went by before jayda answered.

-

lol one more chapter and then the epilogue

✌︎︎➪