Chapter 14

I walk into the kitchen with all of the girls, walking up to the cereal cupboard. Upon opening, i realise there's an empty space where my cornflakes are meant to be.
"Hey where are my cornflakes" i complain, shutting the cupboard door and turning around to face the dining room.

I march in, and demand my cereal.
From one of the tables, i spot Shoto smirking at me, the box in his hand. He wasn't even eating any, did he take it just for the sake of it? To annoy me? To tease me?

I roll my eyes and walk over, putting on a confident face.
"Hand them over, Shoto Todoroki" i say with my best attempt of sternness when all i feel is shy.
"Owwies. Full name?" He looks at me, unadorned.
"Yes. Now give them to me"
He just looks at me with an all knowing expression. It's as if he's trying to break my act.
"Okay then don't, i'll have something else" i cross my arms and look down at him.
He continues to look up at me, at first glance you'd think there's no emotion but his eyes are telling me everything i need to know.

I wasn't about to give up that easily though. I knew his intentions were to get me flustered all over again but i wasn't about to fall for it.

I feel a sudden wave of confidence come over me and i walk towards the boy. He immediately become confused and raises an eyebrow.
When i reach him, I run my fingers from the underneath of his chin and along his jawline while walking around his chair.
I'm stood behind him now, my lips next to his ear.
"The cornflakes, please" i mumble as i slide my hand across his chest. I hear his breathing hitch for a short moment.

I step back and easily take the box from his hand, not looking back at him when i leave. I'm sure that threw him off guard and i loved that feeling.

The girls watch me in disbelief as i walk back into the kitchen, taking a bowl and placing it on the counter in front of me.

"What? i had to do what i had to do" i smile back at them "I always win"

"duuuude you totally turned him on" Jirou laughs as she stares at his reddened face. I wanted to see for myself the effect i had on him, but i can't act as if that matters to me in order to keep this act up.

"awww he's all shy" Toru giggles.

That's Shoto's true colours. Through all the temporary confidence, and emotionless acts, he's just a softie.

I pour the milk onto the cereal and grab a spoon from the draw before re-entering the dining hall. I sit down next to Bakugo and give him a deserving glare.
"Oi, oi, oi don't look at me like that. I interrupted you this morning but i for sure didn't dare to just now"
"I'm glad. You could've ruined my plan" i roll my eyes as i put a spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

"What was that all about anyway?" he nudges me.
"i did what i had to do to win, that's all" I smile smugly to myself as i watch Todoroki from across the room.
He catches my gaze and his cheeks start to turn red again.

Not so good at hiding those emotions now, are you, Pokerface?

*****

During training today i had returned back to my jelly state and every time he sent his vision over in my direction i became nervous. It appears we've both returned to our typical personalities as quickly as they had switched.

"He's looking at you again"
"I knowww" i sigh, discomposed. He for sure does know how to make me weak. What i did this morning completely shocked both of us but now he knows what to expect it won't happen again. What if i needed that trick for something else...

Anyway.

I want to kiss him.

"L/N, you're turn. Show us what you've developed" Mr. Aizawa says nonchalantly.
I nod and walk up in front of the class as Sero walks past me and sits down having just shown his developments.
I feel Shoto's eyes on me, observing me. I didn't even have to check to know he was staring at me. I already knew. I could feel it.