Chapter 19

I wheel my suitcase up towards the coach.
"Have a good time, Champ"
"Sure" i smile, only to avoid another argument.

I put my things in the compartments in the sides of the vehicle before getting on. Everyone's already chosen people to sit next to so i just make my way to the very back.
"HEY LOSER" Bakugo shouts at me, grinning.
"What's up motherfucker" i grin in return, slapping my hand against his.
"How's your summer?" Kiri whos sat next to him asks me.
"Good, thank you, what about you?"
"Great" he smiles at me, showing his shark teeth. Precious, manly boi.

I throw myself down and begin to fasten my seatbelt.
"Hey have you heard from Shoto?" I think out loud, not really aiming the question at anyone in particular, just my friend group. They all shake their heads.
"Figured"

I wonder if he's coming.

As if on cue, i spot him step up onto the coach, face as blank as ever. I wave at him energetically while he sends me a soft smile.
"Hey" i greet as he sits down next to me.
"I should've gotten here earlier for the window seat" he half-jokes, pinching my cheek.
"What a nice way of saying hello"
"Thank you, i made it myself" he says smugly, fastening his seatbelt.
I shake my head and turn to look out the window.

My dad waves me goodbye but his arm drops as Shoto rests his head on my shoulder, peering out of the glass with me.
I just sigh and sit back in my seat, turning my head away from my dads disappointing expression.
"He's not very cheery" Todoroki states, watching my reaction "what happened"

I take a moment to buff my chest up and cross my arms, broadening my shoulders, putting a frown on my face as i start to mock him.
"Water and fire do not mix" i make my voice deep as possible while also distorting it, doing the best impression of my dad i could muster. Sho laughs quietly at my attempt to make light of the situation our parents had put us in.

I groan and lay my head back on the seat.
"Apparently they went to UA together" i say as the coach pulls out of the UA parking lot.
"Really? I didn't know they personally knew each other"
"Neither did I." i chew the skin around my nail in frustration.
Shoto's hand slides onto my inner thigh and he sighs contently, shutting his eyes.
He may be relaxed but it causes me to tense up.

As i scan his face, i notice how tired he looks. It makes me wonder what's been happening to him at home this summer...

I won't ask until later.

I use my hand to guide his head onto my shoulder and then run my fingers through his unique hair, soothing him to sleep. I can't help but feel sad, he doesn't deserve this shit.

*****

I open my eyes slowly, checking my phone. We're about 5 minutes from the destination.
I scan the entire coach, Denki is charging almost everyone's phones as they're busy talking to their friends and laughing with them. I notice Bakugo and Kiri across from me keeping to themselves.
Odd, why isn't Bakugo yelling at the top of his lungs. So THATS why i've managed to sleep almost the entire ride. He's been so weird lately maybe somethings oh his mind.

I shrug it off and look down at Shoto who eyes are shut and mouth slightly agape.
"We're nearly here, Aurora" i smirk. He slowly opens his eyes and lifts his arm above his head, stretching out making a small sound.
"Don't call me, Aurora" he mumbles and looks at me with his tired eyes.
"But you're sleeping beauty" I chuckle to myself. It's obvious he disagrees with my point as he just shakes his head, blushing slightly as he goes to rub his eyes.

The coach comes to a stop and i take off my seatbelt. I stand up and slide into the seats behind Kiri and Bakugo, peering over the top.

Kiri's showing him a video of Crimson Riot, grinning like an idiot. Bakugo is watching intently, but every so often glancing up and watching Kiri's face.
I raise my brows at this behaviour.
"Sup boys" i say as i smile down like the cheshire cat.
Bakugo jumps out of his skin and looks up at me.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT MORON"
"nothing in particular" I switch my focus between Kiri and Bakugo, keeping an eye on both of them "what's going on with you?"
"We're watching Crimson Riot clips!" Kirishima exclaims, excitedly.
"Ohhh that's cool. Why have you been so quiet this whole ride" i ask Bakugo.
"I JUST WAS. WHATS THE ISSUE?" he yells like normal.
"eh" i reply doubtfully "nothing"

Everyone steps off the coach one by one and then removes their luggage from the compartments.

The first day we developed our quirks through reaching our limits and maintaining a high level of quirk use. It was draining but i could already see improvements.

We head back to the building we're staying in, complaining about how tired we are.
I managed to drink a whole bottle of water in about half a minute. I feel so dehydrated.

We have to cook our own food but we're all used to it due to our life in the dorms. It's Bakugo's turn today and everyone loves his food although it can be a bit spicy for my water quirk-selfs liking.
We all prepare the table as Bakugo leaves for the kitchen.

The rest of us sit and chat, catching up on what we all did over the Summer. Shoto's sitting silently beside me, dodging all of the discussion about home life.
"y/n can you go and check if Bakugo needs any help?" Yaororozu asks sweetly.
"Yeah, sure"
I squeeze his hand gently before standing up and making my way over to the kitchen.

When i reach it, i notice it's empty, though the food is cooking. There's 15 minutes left on the timer so i just shrug.

I can hear distant voices so i peak my head around the corner, staying hidden.
There's a fairly loud thud as Bakugo's back hits the wall. Kirishima's using his forearm to pin Bakugo's arms above his head, while his other hand is underneath his chin.
Kiri lifts Baku's chin and kisses him hungrily.

My eyes widen and i duck back behind the wall, covering my mouth with my hands. My bad. I restrain my laughs and I remove myself, entering the area where everyone's chilling and chatting. PFFFFFFT. I CANT BELIEVE IT.
What do i do with this information?

Yaororozu looks at me inquisitively.
"He's all good" I nod, clearing my throat as i sit back down.

God, yeah he's all good.

So that's why he was acting weird. My guy only just had his awakening. Bless.