Chapter 20

"SOMEONE HELP ME CARRY THIS GODDAMN FOOD TO THE TABLE" Bakugo yells from the kitchen.
A few of our class get up and help him, placing the food down on the table, the last of us sit at the table with growling stomachs.

"Thanks for the food!" we say collectively as we begin to dig in.
"SURE!" he shouts. I notice his hairs a mess and there's a hickey only just showing from the collar of his shirt. I smirk to myself.

I eat my food quickly since i'm starving.
"Slow down" Mina giggles "you'll get stomach ache"
"I know" i sigh as i take another bite.
I look at Todoroki who's struggling to keep his eyes open. I tap his shin with my toe underneath the table and he bites his lip as he smiles at me, only making me blush.

"Can yall stop eye fucking and just eat your food?" Denki sighs.
"As class rep, i'd like to say that's disgusting, Denki" Iida waves his arm.
"IMAGINE EYE FUCKING THAT SHITS GROSS" Bakugo yells just for the sake of it.
"Imagine fucking" i give him the side eye which causes Kirishima to spit out his water.
Yaoyorozu let's out a cry as the water lands on her skirt "Kirishimaaaa!! I'm going to kill you!!"
"Cant you just create another one? Besides it's just water, momo." Jirou says, tired of the noise.
Yaoyorozu stands up from her seat a bit too quickly, pushing Mineta off of his chair. But no one gives a fuck about that.

Bakugo is glowing a lovely sunset pink staring down at his food.

I continue to eat my food like nothing happened. While Kirishima and Bakugo play with their cutlery nervously.

*****

Me and the bakusquad are sat on the floor along with some of the girls.
"top or bottom" Sero starts "Mina."
"bottom" Denki shrugs.
Jirou disagrees "i think switch"
"oh deadass?"
"deadass"
"what aboutttt" i wonder "Deku"
The entire group says "bottom" in unison before laughing.

"What about Bakugo" asks Mina.
"WHY ME, BASTARD?"
"Top" the circle decide.
"Oh no, definitely bottom" i smirk, folding my arms over my chest "he just over compensates with the aggressive personality"
"I WILL NOT HESITATE TO BLOW THIS PLACE UP"
"Won't change the fact you're a bottom" I shrug "don't you agree?"

I sort of ask that collectively but deep down aim it at Kirishima who's face is as red as his hair.
I sigh, leaning back on my hands.
"Who's the kinkiest?"

Everyone sits quietly for a moment, trying to think.

Uraraka pipes up "Todoroki"
Which takes me by surprise.
"no way" i laugh.
"He seems vanilla as fuck" Sero scoffs.

"No, no, she has a point... isn't it always the quiet ones with something up their sleeves?" Jirou agrees.

"Oh"

We all twist around to face Shoto whos stood in the doorway awkwardly. He's blushing slightly but manages to avoid showing any emotion whatsoever.

"uhh"

"LOOK AT THIS FREAK" Bakugo stands up and walks over to Shoto, throwing his arms around his shoulder "L/N BETTER WATCH OUT HUH"
Bakugo grins evilly, that was definitely revenge for earlier.
My face gets hot "oh shut up"
I could come up with a really good comeback but i don't want to end up outing him so i just stay quiet.

"YEAHHHH THATS WHAT I THOUGHT" Bakugo yells as he playfully punches Todoroki in his side, causing him to wince.
"Give me a minute" i sigh, getting up to leave, bringing Shoto with me.
Everyone 'ooooooo's' and i roll my eyes.

"Are you ok?" i look at him, sincerely. He nods slightly.
"Can i see?" I point to his side.
"..okay" he sighs as he lifts up his shirt. His entire right side of his ribcage is bruised badly, coloured a dark green.
I grimace at the injuries and he lowers his shirt.

"I hate him." I say lowly.
"It's fine" Shoto mumbles.
"But it's not though!"

Only the sounds of laughter behind us in the other room were heard as we stood there.

"I'll find a way to get you out of there. I promise"
It physically hurts me when i see the things he goes through.
He takes my hand and lifts it up to his mouth, kissing each one of my knuckles delicately.
I can feel myself begin to tear up when i notice a single tear running down his cheek, my hand still held close to his mouth.
"I want you to be happy" I allow my own tears to fall.
"I want that for you, too" he says quietly and pulls me in for a hug.

Is this what love is? Feeling everything their feeling? Feeling their pain and sadness? Wanting to give them the world but you can't?

I think that's the hardest part. Wanting them to have the world and everything in it, the perfect life, to be happy, to have no hardships.
I think it's the hardest part because it's impossible. You can try. And you can come pretty close but it's still impossible. There will always be something.

Although love is beautiful, it's also suffocating - if i put it simply. Feeling so much for someone else... is like nothing else.

"Shoto.." i bury my face into his chest, pulling him against me, careful to avoid the bruise "I'm sorry"
"Don't apologise for something that you can't control" he plays with my hair and kisses my head.
His voice is so soothing. I look up at him "We can run away"
he laughs slightly at my suggestion, shaking his head "Don't be silly"

His hand cups my face. "It's all going to be okay. I will make it okay" he smiles as one final tear drops. I wipe it away for him and nod.

It's all going to be fine. I know that. I just don't want him to have to grin and bare this any longer. If i could stop it right now, i would, but i can't.