Chapter 22

TW: includes F slur!

Camp flew by.
We're going home today and I don't really want to. It's been a great experience and also Shoto has been happy.
I know he's worried about going home from how tense he is. I go on my tiptoes and press my lips against his cheek as he slides his luggage into the middle compartment on the side of the coach. He turns to face me, a light pink dusting his nose. He grabs a hold of my face and pulls me in, kissing my lips. I accidentally step on his toes like the clutz i am, causing him to laugh into the kiss. My heart melts.

I'm so madly in love with him and everything he does.

We hear Aizawa tut behind us as he waits for us to get on. Todoroki gives me a look before running off ahead, sprinting into the bus. As soon i realise it's a race for the window seat, it was too late.

Once we're seated, i sigh part way between feeling comfortable and being worried. I know i'm going to get told off by my dad for even breathing around Shoto let alone kissing him and spending every evening with him. What's with this family feud bullshit anyway?

I feel a familiar hand on my inner thigh and i turn to face him. To my surprise, he's already looking at me.
"I don't think i've ever said this before but.. I think you're really beautiful"
At this point, i don't think i've ever blushed harder.
"Thank you, Shoto." I smile, still flustered.

"EWWW" I hear Bakugo across from me as the vehicle begins to move.
I take a deep breath in before yelling back "GO SUCK A DICK OR SOMETHING"
"WHY WOULD I DO THAT IF IM NOT GAY?! HUH, MOTHER FUCKER?" he argues.
"YOURE RIGHT" i refuse to say anything further... you know... outing and shit. It's awful. All it does is feed his ego.
"THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. PUSSY"

"Bakugo, enough" Aizawa mumbles, though he hadn't even bothered to turn around to face the commotion.

"just a psa - i think f***ots are gross." he mutters as he slumps back in his chair.

Great, and angry closeted guy who over compensates through homophobia.

"What the fuck Bakugo?" I hear Kiri hiss.
"It's true" Bakugo replies.
Kiri scoffs, and leaves his seat, choosing to sit on the other side of the coach which is in front of me and Shoto.
Bakugo stays silent for the rest of the trip back, completely silent, not one word. I cringe, thinking back to what he said.

*****

We arrive back at UA. The entire journey, the air was thick and awkward. It was like everyone on the coach was holding their breath. All of us pour out of the coach and wait for our parents to arrive and pick us up.

About 15 minutes had passed and most of our class had been picked up.

"I'll get going" Shoto looks down at me, his eyes timid "i told my dad to not come"
"how will you get back?"
"I walk" he shrugs.
"then... let me walk with you" I suggest, smiling.
He shakes his head "no, your dad will be here soon anyway". He lifts up his hand and tucks a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

And could you guess who pulls up at the exact same time?
Our dads.

We exchange an alarmed look before watching as they both jump out, slamming the car doors shut. They give each other a glare, both their quirks activated attempting to intimidate one another.

"Shoto, what have i told you about mixing with that girl and her family?"

"Come on, Champ, it's time to come home. And would you step away from that stupid boy?" he frowns at me sternly.

"Listen to me, Shoto." Endeavor grits his teeth.

Todoroki rolls his eyes and grabs me by the shirt, surprising me with a kiss.
I open my eyes slightly, just to watch the situation unfold. Endeavor begins to stomp and as he approaches us, Shoto flips him off, still with his lips against mine. After doing so, he then pulls away from me. We stare at each other momentarily, saying silent goodbyes.

"Ow, dad" I wince as he grabs my wrist, dragging me along behind him "that hurts"
"Should've thought about that before becoming infatuated with a Todoroki" he forces me into the back seat of the car, flinging the door shut.
"Dad-" I start as he sits in the drivers seat.
"I don't want to hear a single word from you. I clearly set the line and you ignored me. If you don't listen to me, i'm not even going to think to listen to you" He begins to drive.

When we reach the house, he sends me to my room as if i'm a 7 year old again. I don't even bother arguing back.

Once a few hours had passed, dad had calmed down a bit and i squeeze out of my door, heading downstairs to the kitchen to get some food.

He's sat on the sofa, lost in his thoughts before he sees me walking in.
"Y/n, come and sit down" his voice isn't angry anymore.
I sit down across from him, waiting for what he's going to say.

"Champ, please listen to me this time. I don't want you seeing Shoto anymore. Aside from class work and occasionally around the dorms, i want you to avoid him." he sighs.
"Dad, you can't control me or my choices. You know that, and you're usually so understanding. I don't know why this is any different" I say as calmly as possible.
"Don't you see i'm trying to protect you? His dad is an awful man"
"I know that!" i exclaim "but Shoto is nothing like him."
"I cant risk it. I don't care. You're all i have left and Shoto has an incredibly strong power"

I feel my eyes beginning to water. I hate this stupid argument between our families. At this point, i don't think there's much of a reason behind it. I just believe it's a personal issue between themselves which they've decided to project onto us.

"how can you hate someone you know nothing about? Have you even had a single conversation with him?" the water works are really running now.

"Don't cry, champ-"

"Dad, I'm in love with him!"

"...You're what?" he's taken aback.

"I'm so hopelessly in love with him. You know that feeling don't you? You've felt it too, haven't you?"

I bury my face in my hands.

"Every moment i've spent with him has made me happy when nothing or no one else could."

I pause, taking long breaths.

"And i'm so worried about him. I've seen what Endeavor does to him. And I-"
...
"i can't let him hurt anymore. And i can't let you take him away from my life."

He's watching silently, finally listening to me i assume.

"Does it always hurt this much?" I look at my dad, who's.... also crying??

He stands up and walks over to me, placing his hand on my head before nodding at me sadly "yes..." he stops "i felt this way with your mum"

"then why can't you understand?" i whisper.
He exhales shakily. "i do. i just want you safe"
"i feel safest with him"
My dad bear hugs me.
"I'm sorry for being so controlling.. my only excuse is that i was looking out for you"
"i know" i say quietly, letting myself be absorbed by his tall, large figure.

"say.. what about takeaway pizza?" he laughs, lightening the mood.
I let out a short laugh followed by a sniffle, wiping away my tears "yeah that would be nice"