Chapter 28

There's a gentle knock at the door.
"Come in" my dad says and swivels to face the door.
"Oh uh, sorry" Shoto says quietly when he notices my dad and is about to leave again.

"Wait!" my dad calls after him "come in"

My dad being nice to Shoto?

Periodt bitches.

"I apologise for my first impression." He holds his hand out, greeting my boyfriend.
"Nice to meet you, Mr. L/N, number 3 hero, Hydropower. I'm Shoto Todoroki." Shoto squeaks out, knowing about the differences our fathers have. His head is bowed respectfully as his hand meets my dads.
"My name is Coburn, Shoto" he laughs at the boys nervousness and they shake hands.

My dad steps to the side, inviting Shoto in properly.

Shoto waves slightly at me and i blush as i notice some flowers in his hands.
Beep Beep Beep.
Heart rate monitor.. not again.. I hate this thing all it does is embarrass me.
My dad watches from a distance, still slightly sceptical with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Always so nervous around me, y/n" he teases as he sets the flowers down on the table beside me and pulls up a chair.
I reach out my hand and ruffle his hair causing him to scrunch his nose. He sits unimpressed but i know he loves it really.
"Sorryyy it looked soft" i whine and throw my hand back down.
"No need to have a tantrum" he leans down and pecks me on the cheek to which my father clears his throat.

Shoto grins awkwardly and moves away.
I sigh and scowl at my dad who just shrugs in response.

My dad begins to interview Shoto.

"Couldnt you do this another time?" i shake my head.

"No. So how's your relationship with your dad?" He asks.
I wince at the sensitive question.
"Awful" Shoto blinks.
"Brilliant! -"

"Dad" i hiss. How can he say brilliant?!

"- And would you call yourself dangerous?"
"No.. what?" Todoroki glances over to me before turning back to my overprotective father.
"Just wondering." My dad hums "What are your intentions with my daughter?"
"intentions? I-"
"Enoughhhhh" i cry out "I'm tired of seeing one of my favourite men interrogating the other"
The both look at me, eyebrows raised in surprise. I just tut and close my eyes with sass.

"Fine i'll leave you two alone" My dad walks over to the back of the room, leaning against the wall.
"Dad that's not-"
"Well it's the best you're getting" he says nonchalantly.

We talk for about 20 minutes, my dad watching closely the whole time.

"I should probably get going... it's my turn for dorm dinner"
I gasp but in a sad way. "I love your food and i can't even eat it" i frown.
His mouth resists a smile for a second, most likely avoiding a joke.
"Say it" i grin.
He squints his eyes and shakes his head.
"Do it, i'm curious about what you want to say"

"No.." he stands up, his cheeks round from his smile.
"I love you" i say as he leans down for a hug.
"I love you too" he remains in the hug, his lips are close to my ear, the perfect place to whisper "I was gonna say, you may miss eating my food but i miss eating something els-"

"Alright that's enough"
My eyes widen as my dad grabs Shoto by the collar and drags him out of my room. I laugh loudly at Shoto's terrified face, his fire quirk flickering. The door shuts behind them both and i wait patiently.

When my dad walks in, he's wiping his hands down with a disposable wipe.
I roll my eyes at his childish behaviour but find it equally entertaining as it is annoying.
"He's not so awful you have to clean your hands from him, is he?" I joke.
He keeps up the act although it slips a bit for a second.

"Hey, dad?" i ask.
"yes, champ?"
"You like him"
"Perhaps." he refuses to admit it completely. "I'm going to get you some food, alright?"
I nod, my stomach grumbling.

When he leaves again, i punch the air with my free hand.
I'm glad my dad likes Shoto... considering the fact he hated him a few months ago.