Chapter 39

We all walk around, decorating the dorms in Christmassy decor as Jingle Bell rock plays in the background..

Bakugo finally talked to me in private and we discussed the things he's said and done. I believe he's growing as a person, developing into a mature adult. However, it's not my place to forgive him. At some point he's got to see Shoto.
He's also coming out today which is super exciting for him. Katsuki Bakugo accepts himself after a long journey of being a fucking asshole. Could be a 25,000+ word book in itself considering how long it took.

Shoto spoke up about his trouble at home and told the world about his father. It resulted in his mum being released from the mental hospital and a restraining order. He's going to move in with Rei. I'm happy that he's gotten out of hell Enji set out for him. He's also started getting psychological help for the trauma he's experienced, and he's already becoming a much happier person.

I've continued my therapy to help me deal with my grief and i'm also seeing a quirk specialist so i can learn how to handle my new power fast. It's all been very helpful i'm really grateful for all the support i'm getting.

And now, it's Christmas break but before we head back, we're having a party as a dorm. When we come back we'll be second years. I don't think i'm ready to be honest but i'm super excited.

"Y/N! Pass the baubles!" Tsu calls out to me and i slide the box over to her "Thanks!"
"No problem!" i smile at her and go back to covering the other tree in lights.

I hear the door open and shut and turn around.
"SHOTOOOO" i shout excitedly and run towards him. He holds his arms out and I fly straight into them.
He's been away for a few days, spending time with his mum so i haven't seen him in a bit.
"How is she?" i ask and then press my lips onto his. He hums into the kiss and when i pull away he replies "really good"
I let out a small yay which makes his mouth turn up as he looks at me.

"We've got Christmas dinnerrrr" I grin, dragging out the word and his eyes light up.

"MOVE EXTRAS!" Bakugo shoes us out of his way as he drapes tinsel over the doorway.

"Tinsel? Really?" i pretend to gag.
"Ehhhh fuck you, loser, it looks like fireworks. What else looks like fireworks? Explosions. And it adds spice. We all know how much i love spice."
"Sorry, Lord Explosion Murder" i apologise humbly in a joking manner. He accepts it and is about to continue his lap of the dorms but spins back around.

"Todoroki, you got a minute?"
"Yeah, uhm sure" Shoto replies quietly and follows Bakugo out of the room.

I sigh, proud of both my favourite boys, and peak into the kitchen where Momo, Tokoyami, Iida and Shoji are cooking. It smells so good. My stomach is growling like there's no tomorrow.

I love everyone here, we're like one massive family.

I hear a sudden crash from the sitting room. I look over and see Sero, Kiri and Denki on the floor laughing next to a fallen tree. Some of Sero's tape is hanging from the ceiling.

They're clutching their stomachs and crying with laughter.
"Y- Y/n" Denki laughs loudly waving me over.
I shake my head, grinning like an idiot as i watch them howl like hyena's on the floor.

"We-" Denki starts but cuts himself off with a wheeze "We-" he cuts himself off again and he throws his head back, covering his face.
"We tried to do the lights in a cool way but-" Kiri tries to finish off his point "-but it didn't work"
They burst out in even louder laughter. These morons... i can't help but laugh with them.

"Basically, i used my tape to cling to the ceiling" Sero catches his breath before continuing, holding in his laughter "and Denki gave me the lights, holding them to the tree and-"
"and i pushed him so he starting to swing around the tree" Kiri continues to explain "but- but- Denki accidentally tripped and pulled the lights and Sero down with him and- HE CRASHED INTO THE TREE"
They break into another fit of laughter, kicking their legs around.
Literally anything will entertain these guys. They're simple but that's okay, i love them.

"Dinner is served!!" Midoriya calls us into the the dining room and everyone halts what their doing, sprinting like rabid dogs.
We all take our seats and I watch as Katsuki and Shoto come in, laughing like old time friends though they've never really spent any time with each other before. Shoto sits down in the seat i saved for him next to me. "Bakugo told me not to tell you this but: he'll kill me if i ever hurt you" he grins cheekily.
Bakugo being an overprotective older brother who doesn't want to admit they actually care for you sums him up pretty well, in my opinion.

Bakugo clears his throat "Uhm before we eat..." Everyone turns to face him.
"I would like to say sorry for being a mean bitch. Doesn't mean i'm gonna stop but i'm not going to be thAt mean" he - sort of- apologises.
"Thank you, Bakugo, we appreciate it" Iida speaks for the class.

I tilt my head at him and raise my brows. I know he's getting cold feet but he's not getting out of it now.
He looks at me but then shuts his eyes, breathing in "also... I" he balls his fists by his side. He opens his eyes and i smile at him in an attempt to encourage him.

You've got it, big guy.

"Ah, fuck it"
He turns around to Kiri who's sat next to him and grabs his shirt, pulling him up from his seat "I LOVE YOU, YOU STUPID BITCH" he yells lovingly but aggressively before kissing him, still gripped onto his shirt. Kirishima's eyes are wide open at first but they flutter shut as he melts into the kiss.

Everyone applauds them as they sit back down.
"We will always love you, Bakugo, doesn't matter who you are" I smile at him.
Everyone hums in agreement and he smiles... SOFTLY??? SOFT BAKUGO???

"Let's just fucking eat" he laughs.

Shoto kisses me on the cheek "Merry Christmas, baby"
"Merry Christmas" I blush. Even after all this time, the butterflies keep on coming.
He's my soulmate, woven to me by the red string of fate. Even when things get hard, even when one of us starts to give up, we always find a way to fix it. We always find a way to carry on.

Shoto Todoroki,

You are my happy place.

And this is our happy ending.