||Twenty Twoꨄ︎||-›Reverie

(Please play music for a magical effect)

-

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And summer's lease hath all too short a date;
Sometimes too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall death brag thou wanderest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.❞

•William Shakespeare.

Love me, love me, and love me even more

~~~~~

It was all bright. Orange! Orange! Everything was orange.

Orange leaves from tall trees formed a canopy above him. Reuben could see it from where he laid on a blanket, with his knee bent and an arm flung across his belly.

Orange.

Orange leaves were beautifully framed around his blanket.

Orange.

It must be Autumn. How was it already Autumn?

Reuben closed his eyes and felt the wind against his cheeks and through his hair. Serenity, oh was it pure serenity.

"It would be such a shame if you wasted our afternoon by sleeping."

Reuben smiled, a faint content smile, because he knew that familiar voice, adored it even.

He slowly opened his eyes and was greeted with orange. An orange haze drifted over him, clothed him.

Orange.

It is all bright and warm. He felt safe.

Reuben doesn't sit up to look at the person talking to him, no, he rather tilts his head and adjusts his body until the person comes into view.

Julius is smiling at him, an unbearably charming smile that makes something twist within Reuben. He is swimming in the further part of the riverbed, bare-chested with his caramel hair wet and matted against his forehead. Julius looks beyond handsome; like a painting symbolizing harmony, passion, freedom, and intuition. Reuben is convinced he hasn't seen a better-looking man.

He is also glad he had shown Julius his haven because here they were once more.

"Join me, the water is warm, there's nothing to be cautious about," Julius offered, smile only growing.