||Fifteen||-›Miracles and Medallions

Mini Warning; A lot of chaos and povs will be happening in this chapter lol. If you do not remember some characters, please go to previous chapters to brush up on them. Also, sorry for the long chapter!.

❝But with sad eyes as one uncomforted,
And wearied with man's never-ceasing moan.❞

• Oscar Wilde.

Do not let my broken spirit down, treat it diligently, it has gone through enough

Opium Den ꨄ︎.

"Julius! Julius!" The ringing in his ears made everything he heard muffled and distant.

He was somehow aware of what was happening around him, yet struggled to open his eyes or move his body like he'd wish to. Coldwater splashed on him, and though he shivered, it didn't quite make him jolt out of his daze but was enough to make his eyes slowly flutter open. It was as if the den was spinning.

His vision eventually came back to focus, revealing Betty, who stood above him, with Ferguson crouched beside him.

"At long last." The woman he had rejected earlier rasped.

"Where am I?" Julius shuddered, wet vest clinging to his skin.

"We are still at the den you halfwit," Ferguson grumbled, helping Julius sit up. "If those two lads hadn't known me personally, then you would have been groped or worse!" he added in exasperation.

"Ow," Julius muttered at the pain he felt above his brow. He touched it, only to wince when three fingers pressed into a thin cut.

"Where is the man, what happened to him?" Everything came flooding back. The assaulted man, the beating he had received, and everything in between. However, he cared more about the man's welfare than of his own pain.

His eyes darted around. Ferguson had likely pulled or carried him back to where they were seated before he had approached the men.

"He went with them."

"Why? Ow!" he touched his head again, feeling a swell, "Why did you not stop them?"

"Shut up, Julius!" Ferguson spat. "Here is no playground, he is a rent boy who belongs to them, end of story."

Julius wanted to further protest, but the throbbing in his head was agonizing. Ferguson helped him stand, but he tumbled; still light-headed and nauseous. Ferguson ended up assisting the man who was precariously clinging to him.

"Thank you, Betty," Ferguson muttered.

"My pleasure, I believe you know just how to repay me," she shrugged, smirking.

"Of course," Ferguson forced a smile.

They left the den with their heads down, murmurs following as they passed. Ferguson regretted ever bringing Julius along, he ruined his jollity.