18

It was a warm Sunday.

Rebecca still couldn't stop thinking about how Ben ended up in her bed the day before. His excuse of 'sleepwalking' was definitely total bullshit. But in conclusion, she couldn't stop a small hint of blush burning her cheeks.

The whiff of smoke from cigarettes knocked her out of her trance. Studying her surroundings, she didn't even know where she walked into. Hopefully, she didn't go too far from where she last time stood, which was in front of the breakfast stand she always got her food from. Just as she was about to head back, a group of boys caught her attention. They seemed about her age, maybe older. But she had no interest until the sight of Alex appeared in the corner of her eye. She backed against a wall, slowly creeping little by little to get a full view of the situation.

When the sight of Jimmy appeared, the sudden urge to whack his face reached her fists. She wanted to bash his face to hell, but she knew better to stay low for a bit. 

What really confused her were Alex's so-called 'friends'. Recently, she, Gerard, and Ben, of course, have noticed how he has drifted away from them and started hanging out with Sean and some other sus-looking bastards. They've always figured they were bad news, but starting a fight with them would only make Alex drift further. 

'Where are they? Is Alex really the type to wander places like these alone?' Rebecca felt a little irony. 'I know I did, but I was lost in a daze.'

On the spur of the moment, Jimmy threw a hard punch in Alex's face. Now, Rebecca really needed to come up with something clever, sly. Last time, she attacked them directly, which ended up with her ass getting kicked. She rubbed her back. The bruise was still a bit fresh, so she decided it was best to keep her backpack on.

'Okay, think, think!'

She pulled out a pen, remembering the story of White Mamba's first fight, and also chose a pair of scissors instead for precautions, as well as grabbing a handful of sand. Plus, she only just began boxing after three whole complete years of ballet. But her skills should still be stable enough.

When Rebecca looked back at the fight, Alex was already at a huge disadvantage. He couldn't even balance himself

'Alright, so I know some of these people, especially Jimmy, attack very fast. But they always give a sign of when. Like a smirk, or an offensive remark. I need to be aware of that. Also, the ground is gravel, so those watching will most likely hear my footsteps. Maybe I could run a few steps and then leap through the crowd? Yes, that will work.'

Rebecca braced her footing and set off. To her advantage, the crowd was too engaged into the fight that they didn't even hear her light footsteps. There was a perfect opening for her to jump through. In midair, her legs went into full splits, and landed like a feather behind Jimmy. 

"Huh?" His focus diverted from Alex to Rebecca.

"Eat shit, bitch," she cursed, and threw the handful of sand into his eyes. 

"Rebecca?!" Alex exclaimed. "What are you-"

"I simply happened to walk here. We told you not to hang out with those delinquents." She then felt her instincts twitch and squatted down. Above her was someone's fist swinging through the air. If she didn't duck in time, her head would've blown off. She grabbed his ankles and pulled them forward, making the student fall on his bottom. "We're outnumbered. We need to run," she told Alex.

"I'm used to situations like these," he protested, rubbing his jaw.

"That's reckless! Come on!"

She pulled him off the ground by the wrist and sped through the mob of flying fists. Her scissors were held out in front, slashing at whatever aimed toward her. There was one person who was able to strike at her rib, but that wasn't strong enough to stop her. Behind her, Alex was doing his thing as well.