【1】𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙣 𝘼𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬

Heian Period

Shrrk...

Shrrk...

Shrrk...

The sound of the broom making contact with the ground was heard.

"Haru no soyokaze ga, doko kara ka fuki... Kayoi nareta michi, irodori wa kagaeru..."

A soft mumbling singing was sung by a teenager with a white nagagi and crimson hakama, as the broomstick in her hand keeps on swinging to do it's purpose.

"Y/N-chan! Can you come here a bit?"

The girl stopped her swiping of the stone stair,

"Ah, sure, be right there,"

The [hair-colour] girl jogged into the Torii gate of a huge yet peaceful Shrine.

The Aridagawa-Tashima Shrine. Its a huge Shintoism Shrine thats also a facilitation to train Miko and Kannushi before they transfer to serve in another shrine, go on a spiritual journey, or stay and serve in that Shrine. They are also aware of the existence of Cursed Spirits, so they also teach sorcery amd martial arts so that they can purify the land as one of their duties given from the Gods.

"Y/N-chan, i kinda got confused about the herbs, and Kannushi-sama needs something for his disease,"

"What seems to be the problem, Hanami-san?"

Y/N is a 16 year old maiden that has live in that Shrine and been trained to become a Shrine-Maiden ever since she could remember.

"Because of winter, the herbs kinda get soggy, and the flower that was supposed to help identify them wilted. i cant differ them, while Kannushi-sama needs something for his sore throat,"

"Oh.. Let me try.."

The [skin-tone] hands of hers starts to open small wooden boxes of herbs, taking a look and sniff to identify it,

"This is Dokudami... This one is Kuwa, and this one... I think its Kuzu. I think you should give Kanushi-sama a Dokudami tea, and see if it doesnt seem to work, we'll find the herb," She said as she hans over the similiar dried herbs,

"Ah, arigatou gozaimasuta, Y/N"

"Douitashimasute,"

Y/N was known in the Shrine as the Miko that would do anything she could to help someone. Although she is very helpful, she is somehow falling back in sorcery. Not that she doesnt want to get stronger, she just somehow loses her motivation in trainings. Especialy knowing that she's just a little baby when her supposed to be guardian leave her in front of the Shrine Gate in a middle of winter. They only give her the name Y/N, a name that appears on a tragic poetry, along with the 'regret' letter, and lead her to having no last name.

"Y/N-aneki, Can you help me prepare lunch for others?"

"Ah, ha'i,"

Y/N's daily life is monotonely repeated over and over again as a Shrine maiden. In the morning clean the Shrine till lunch, after lunch go to exterminate some cursed spirits, go back to the shrine to help the making of some amulets or help the next generation's practice, make dinner, make sure everybody eats, clean herself, and sleep. In some occasion, other things could happend, but it still felt so monotone.

"Yorokobi mo, Kanashimi mo... Sugisatta Kisetsu..."

Y/N keeps humming a song, as she walk into a forest with a bow on her hand and arrows in a leather tube on her back. The wind blows as the sound of her geta slippers suddenly stopped.

"Flo.. Wer, pretty flower.."

PFYUUNG...

An arrow was sent to the cursed spirit"s head behind Y/N by the young Miko, killing it. But what she didnt expect that, that arrow attract many other cursed spirit to her location.

"Niku.. Oniku..."
"Haru.. Kita. Haru ga kita.."

Y/N's eyes widened by the amount of cursed spirits that surround her. She wasnt strong enough, and the amount of arrow she had will run out before she could defeat all of them.

BRAKKKK...

A cursed spirit sent a huge blow of attack to her, making the dirt fly around that area,

PFYUNG..

3 arrows were shooted and hitted 2 of them while Y/N is trying to make an escape, hoping the Gods will show her kindness and help her out of this situation.

'Kami-sama, tatsukette...'

BRAKK... TAKK... DUARR...

A few attack was sent to the Miko, but she menage to escape although she got a few bruises and cuts, with her attire got dirty due to her escape moves on the ground.

'Please... I dont want to die... At least not this way,'

She still have a lot of things she wanted to do, like finding her biological parents to spit on their faces, opening a medicine shop thats useful for the citizens, help an orphanage, and be a normal lady for sometimes.

Being afraid for sometimes is okay, right?

Its a natural part of being a mortal, correct?

Well that means, its okay to desperately scream for help, wasnt it?

"ANYONE, SAVE ME!!!"

DUARR...

The sound of a huge blow of attack can be heard just a few feet behind her. Y/N turned her back, still running although she's facing the other way.

BRAKK.. KRAKK... BUAGH...

Y/N's steps stopped, seeing that every single of the cursed spirit that chased her earlier is now completely demolished by one person. Her [E/C] eyes still cant really capture the figure due to the dust thats flying around.

"Ano.."

Y/N walked closer to the silhouette, wanting to say thank you, but she suddey froze when her [E/C] caught something.

"Hah? A miko, eh. Whats a Miko doing out here, far from a shrine.. Aint my business to begin with,"

"...no way.."

She shocked when she saw the man, with a tall man, in a white yukata, with big and ripped body built, and 2 faces with 4 arms.

___________________to be continued_____

A/N :

So how was it?
Is it as bad as i expect?