【27】A Walk Through The Forest

The next day,

Y/N was in a rundown orphanage, a facility the Aridagawa-Tashima shrine owns.

It was her turn to help around the place, from cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the children.

As she was washing some clothings and sheets with a help of two other priestesses, Y/N's mind was on somewhere else.

About how she can make Lady Amemiya to come out of her room and her shell of grief.

"Y/N Ane-san, Y/N ane-san!" a kid from the orphanage comes calling for her.

Brought back to reality, Y/N then turns to the kid with a smile on, "Yes?"

"A Priestess from the Shrine wants to see you," the kid informed.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, yes! She is waiting near the gate."

Without even guessing, Y/N already can tell who is that Priestess.

Y/N left the washing task to the other two priestesses and goes to see this person.

"Good morning, Y/N."

And her intuition is right, it was none other than Ayumi.

With a fake smile "Is there anything i can help you with, Ayumi-san?" Y/N said formally.

She cant make it obvious to the other priestesses there that there was something between Ayumi, Hana and herself.

With the same fake smile, Ayumi replied, "Lets pick some fruits in the forest for the kids."

Ayumi said it with open arms. Many thinks that it was a friendly gesture. But to Y/N and Ayumi herself,

...it was a sign to show that Ayumi comes here unarmed.

Y/N can already tell, it was something serious to be talked about. But Y/N couldnt just let her guard down around Ayumi after knowing what she is capable of.

"...Very well."

.

.

.

.

.

Now, the two Priestesses are strolling in the forest, with a basket on Y/N's hand.

"Thank you for helping us, Y/N-san..." Ayumi said.

"You've said it quite a few times now. What is it, Ayumi-san?" Y/N replied.

They were quite far from the orphanage building, so it should be okay to have this conversation.

"We're sorry."

"What for?" a monotone reply comes from Y/N.

"For ignoring you."

Towards an uncertain direction, they kept on walking with this cold and heavy atmosphere between them. It wasnt hatred.

After a few seconds of silence, Y/N then says, "Its already done. Have Hana gotten better?"

"She had completely woken up yesterday. She asked me about you." Ayumi muttered.

"Is that so..."

"Hana wondered if you are mad about what happened."

"Who wouldnt be?"

"You are right, Y/N-san."

The two had walked for a while now, but the basket they suppose to fill in with wild fruits is still empty.