【24】 Lets Play Pretend

It was early in the morning. A certain manor just began their activity when the sound of fast and tiny footsteps was heard agaisnt the wooden floor.

The door of a room slide open by a little child who then later rushes to an adult woman with a grin on her little face.

"Mother, mother! Look at this!"

"You have learned Hiragana, isn't that amazing."

"Yay, mother smiled!"

"Hm?"

Confused, the mother just hummed as she pats the head of her daughter.

"You should smile more often, Haha-ue.."

The adult turns to the door frame, seeing her eldest son there, smiling in amusement.

"What do you mean, Ryozaki? I've always been smiling."

"What i meant, not the smile you practice in front of the mirror every morning."

She was taken aback by the words of her 14 year old son. 'How could he say something like that?' is not the question she would ask. But it is, 'how could a child notice things like that?'

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Hana!"

Ayumi's figure were captured by Amemiya's eyes. The way Ayumi grabbed the Naginata without even a second of thinking, it made Amemiya froze.

   "Hikari!"

   "Okaa... -sama..."

Deja vu.

That is what she was feeling.

It was so strong that it made her senses numb as she was being captivated by the familiar scenery. It was so strong, she almost killed Ayumi without even realizing that Ayumi even attacked her from the back.

She was pretty much unconcious until,

"Amemiya-sama!"

A H/C girl in a miko attire rushed to Amemiya's direction, jumped to the nearest rock near her and pleaded,

"Amemiya-sama, please.. Let them go. They were forced to do this.."

Amemiya only looks at her with sadness, pity, and... Anger.

That look itself made Y/N confused, why would the kind and gentle woman as Amemiya would stare at her that way.

"Amemiya-sama..."

Y/N cant help but feel confuse of what should she do by now. In fact, she is also confused, why would she help Hana and Ayumi after them ignoring her warnings.

T H U D D . . .

The snake that held Hana tight to the boulder then went limp. Ayumi also fell to the ground, as if the hand choking her had released her.

A Few Moments Ago...

"Amemiya would listen if you asked hero release them, though."

Sukuna's words made the H/C haired maiden confused.

"Huh?"

"What part is complicated?"

"Amemiya-sama following my wishes?"