【12】Miles Away From Innocent

A beautifull morning during summer. Everything was going on peacefully in the Aridagawa-Tashima Shrine. New trainees were training to be the best version of themselves, the alumni that stayed there is helping around the Shrine and the Training Ground, and a certain [H/C] haired girl just walked out of the herbs shack with an empty basket and a bow and tubes of arrows were slinged around her shoulder.

"Y/N-san, ohayou gozaimasu."

"Ara, ohayou gozaimasu."

A group of new Priestess trainee confidently yet respectfully approached Y/N.

"Y/N-san, are you going out exorcising again?"

"Yes. And this time i got to look for some Touki and Wakyoukatsu roots. We will be in big trouble if we ran out of stock."

"But, Y/N-anesama, searching for them will be a pain, also the fact that you need to dig for it... would you let us come with-"

T A C K . . .

The girl who proposed the idea of coming with Y/N got slightly hit ontop of her head with the rattan basket.

"No." The E/C eyed priestess said.

"Heh, but why?"

"Dont use me as a reason for the three of you to skip training."

"But, Anee-san.."

They keep whining about how they want to help Y/N and that they wont be a pain in the ass for the senior Priestess to carry around.

"Look, the area im going is certainly not for your ranks. Its dangerous. And not to mention that you havent really got used to your techniques..."

The three looked down in silence. They were falling back from the other trainees of their year and they're aware of that. But because of the history that Y/N wrote about her being the least competent of the year to being the graduate that immidietly got a name to the Shaman world makes them look up to her and that there is hope for them to be better.

Seeing them feeling down that they got rejected by their idol, Y/N sighed. she grabbed something from her pocket and give it to each one of them. A small piece of candied fruits, wrapped in a washi paper.

"Maybe next time, okay?"

The three trainee's eyes shimered with happiness as they responded with a simple,

"Ha'i!"

Y/N slightly bowed and leave. Remembering the smile on their faces, she bit her lip. She felt guilty for lying to them. The truth is, she's not going exorcising. She's going to a training session with the King of Curses. She promised to keep her lips sealed about their daily meeting and she knows what will happend if she broke that promise.

One Month Ago...

"Ryomen Sukuna, please take me as your student once again."

The priestess bowed in a Saikeirei position in front of the huge and muscular cursed spirit.

"Are you stupid or something?" he said with a chuckle, but Y/N stays in her position.

"You know that child was posessed, you just pretend he wasnt. You're too soft."he added.

Thats true. The moment the boy walked into her senses, she can felt all the negative energy around him and the smell of dried blood and rotten corpse was already noticed by her. It was so crystal clear, but Y/N just somehow cant accept that and pretend he was alive without her even noticing it.

"You want to follow me once again? fine."

Hearing his words, Y/N looked up to see Sukuna with a serious face plastered on.